Welcome to the world Baby Caleb

trouble256
on 10/1/11 8:36 pm - Athens, AL
Caleb Mason Miller entered the world UNEXPECTEDLY on Thursday September 29, 2011 @ 10:19p.  I started getting BH (or so I thought) contractions around 10 am. Around 2p I noticed they were getting a bit stronger, so I decided to call the doc and inform him since I had previous preterm with my daughter. (Caleb was only 36 weeks) Well, to my surprise the Doc suggested I come to the office and be on a monitor. Well after calling my husband and waiting to get my niece off the school bus, we finally get out the door and to the office.  I go on the monitor and BAM! contractions are 3 mins apart and I am 3 cm dialated. The doc said it was too late to stop labor at this point, so he would send me to the hospital to be on the safe side and if contractions stopped on their own, good, if not....wed have a section.

Needless to say (obviously by the post) the contractions didnt stop. I was checked around 6p and was 4 cm dialated and still every 3 mins. I had a c-section w/ spinal block (weird, i did an epi with my daughter) Caleb was born within seconds and screamed with all his might coming out. LOL

He is in NICU (boohiss) because he is having a little trouble breathing. He is breathing 23% oxygen via cpap, and hopefully will be weening off it completely today. Then the next goal is to have his "pressure" of the CPAP down to 7 - he is currently at 8. (I just got off the phone with the NICU nurse its 530a and they do shift change between 6-8 and we cant visit till 8) Caleb gained an ounce!!  So he is currently sitting at 5pounds 12ounces!  WOO HOO!!

I woke up this morning to pump, actually wanted to get up at 3a but overslept right through my alarm. WOOPS.  I somehow woke up at 4 (luckily) and immediatly got to pumping! I was able to get OVER AN OUNCE!!!    I had such horrible success with my daughter and breast feeding, its just amazing me I am doing this well for Caleb. **I think God knows he NEEDS this liquid Gold more than she did**

Anyway....I will try to keep everyone posted on his progress, any prayers are MORE than welcome!! Lord knows we need all we can get and selfishly I want him to get better fast and get out of this NICU life.

God Bless you all and hope everyone is doing well!!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lexa321
on 10/1/11 9:44 pm - weston, FL
welcome mr caleb!... i hope he comes home to you and little miss quickly!
hockeybabe2u
on 10/2/11 12:10 am - Allegan, MI
Congrats!  Hope he's home very soon with you!

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

trouble256
on 10/2/11 4:03 am - Athens, AL
Thanks yall!!  i hope he makes it quick too!!

he had an apnea episode today, bought himself 5 extra days....ugh.

little butt....
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
IamMrsMcDole
on 10/2/11 4:35 am - Anderson, IN
Congrats!! Hope he comes home soon
Jessica

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

(deactivated member)
on 10/2/11 8:03 am - HI

Congrats. Love the name

tamiissunshine
on 10/2/11 8:40 am - Halsey, OR
Congratulations!!! I hope he gets out of the NICU soon!
Tami   "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

mandajolyn
on 10/2/11 4:13 pm - Tallahassee, FL
Welcome to the world Caleb! Sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way! Hope he gets home soon! Glad to hear he's doing well and gaining and you're able to pump for him! Can't wait to see pics, I'm sure he's adorable!!
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

windowsdown
on 10/3/11 2:36 am
RNY on 11/02/10 with
Welcome Caleb and congrats to you and your family! Come home soon Caleb!
Jennifer H.
on 10/3/11 2:41 am - stockton, CA
Congrats and hope hes doing well!

May my Angles rest in peace.....
Born April 24,2011 Bethanie Marie passed April 25,2011 and Grace Anne passed May 6,2011
pregnancy calendar

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 855 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views