Canadian Stateside Questions

Jenn1973
on 10/6/11 2:23 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Dear American Moms,

My husband, baby Julian, and I are headingto Sarasota, FLA  for the month of November and I have some product questions.  I have been on some US websites but am finding that some of the products I use here at home do not exist in the States, so I need some advice.

1st - What laundry detergent do you prefer for baby?  I  use Ivory Snow but can'tseem to find it at Target, Walmart, or Walgreens.  Any recommendations for another baby safe detergent?

2nd - Julian prefers Similac formula. We bottle feed exclusively so it is important for us to get it right.  Of course, none of the labels are the same between Canada and the States.  Which one do you prefer?

3rd - For those of you in FLA, Hawaii, CALI and any other state that enjoys warm year-round warm weather: I am going to be able to find things like a UV blocking beach tent thing for baby at the local BabiesRUs or should I order one on-line.  Obviously stuff like that is very seasonal here and the beach stuff is very quickly replaced with snow stuff in our stores.

I  will likely many more questions over the next few weeks.  I can't imagine packing for this trip! 

Thanks!
Jenn

Baby Boy Julian Frederick
Born August 11, 2011

Liz R.
on 10/6/11 9:21 pm - Easton, PA
I use all free and clear for all of our laundry because we all have sensitive skin and it works great. It's available everywhere.

Similac is readily available here everywhere.

I am not from a warm weather state (Pennsylvania) but I would imagine that you would be able to find what you are looking for in a BRU in florida when you get there.

Enjoy the trip!
Brooklynnsmom
on 10/6/11 11:06 pm, edited 10/6/11 11:07 pm - Bellevue, NE
I definately second the All Free & Clear. It is scent/dye/allergen free. That's all we use in our household as well, and it's inexpensive too!

As far as the Similac--you might be thinking of the Similac Advanced. This one is the regular one which is milk based one here in the U.S. It is the Blue/White can.

Have a good trip--the weather should be great!

Debbie
Jenn1973
on 10/7/11 11:40 am - Ottawa, Canada
Thanks Ladies!  I am so excited about our trip.  Just as the weather will be turning cold hear, we will have a month respite.  Also, I LOVE America!  I do love being Canadian and living here in Ottawa but the US is  like a second home.

Thanks  again
Jenn

Baby Boy Julian Frederick
Born August 11, 2011

AmusedOne
on 10/9/11 2:51 am - York, PA

I have no idea on the questions... Not being a mom yet, I am waiting to see the answers as well! :)

BUT... For your own sanity and peace of mind on the formula and even possibly the laundry detergent, have you considered shipping yourself a box at where you are staying there?  This is what I did right after RNY when we went to England for 3 weeks - carrying enough protein powder, bars, and vitamins made me feel as though I would look like a drug mule coming through security and I just wanted to be "safely' in my comfort zone with what I had there....

Just my thought :)

Angie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1213 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 845 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1307 views