Tomorrow's the first of 2 big appointments!!

mandajolyn
on 10/10/11 9:44 am - Tallahassee, FL
Lots has been going on lately! Can't believe i'm almost 20 weeks(Thursday). It's been a VERY up and down first half of this journey! I got some news a few weeks ago that I have a rare blood clotting disorder that could be dangerous. It's scary but at the same time I'm glad they found it. I had Blood clots in my  lungs after WLS which is one of the reasons I'm considered high risk, so I guess somehow that's good because I don't know if they would've tested for it had I not had the clots. It's hard because my little sister lost her twins at 26 weeks because of a blood clotting issue. She doesn't remember the name of it but being it's genetic it may be similar.
My high risk Dr. has assured me everything should be fine! He wants me on extra folic acid because that is supposed to help this particular issue and I'll have to be on heprin or lovonox injections later on and after birth.
I had a few weeks of not being able to keep anything down and had to get IV fluids but that's gotten better and I'm able to keep food down for the most part. I'm on Zofran to help with that! 
I haven't gained any weight yet but haven't lost anymore either so I'm happy about that.
Tomorrow I have my first of two 20 week appointments!! First one is with the high risk fetal Dr. Then Wed is with my regular OB. So hopefully we'll get to see baby twice this week!! I'm excited and nervous! Hoping all is good with baby and hoping we get to see if it's a boy or girl! I've been having girl feelings but then boy feelings come in so I'm clueless and have no idea as to what I think it is, lol
Part of me is nervous to get excited for one or the other and I'm not trusting my intuition at all! I've been feeling movement lately which is weird cause I'm not used to it but it's exciting! I'm starting to get belly. I look bigger because I have a lot of extra skin in my belly and carried most my weight there. My oh so loving husband pointed out yesterday that if I've been walking around for a while or my back is hurting I start to walk like I'm pregnant, lol now I'm hyper aware of how I walk...ALL the time now! He's super excited about all this and is now talking to my stomach all the time! It's cute to see him be so protective and involved! He's always protective of me but even more so now! I'm hoping life calms down so I can start enjoying pregnancy because it's just about half way over!! 
Hope everyone is doing well and has a great week!! 
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

hockeybabe2u
on 10/10/11 12:00 pm - Allegan, MI
Hoping all looks great with baby and he/she cooperates and shows his/her goods! Looking forward to your post!
linda.traxler
on 10/10/11 10:33 pm - Laßnitzhöhe, Austria
HOpe all goes wonderfully with the appointments!!!  I'm glad they diagnosed the clotting disorder!!!  Sounds like you'Re in great hands!!!!

Glad you're feeling better and go ahead and waddle like your preggers because you're allowed!!!  : )

Take care and best wishes!!
wyltkamanda
on 10/10/11 10:41 pm - rockwell, NC
keep us posted! hoping for great news! take care
Lexa321
on 10/10/11 10:43 pm - weston, FL
hope all goes well!.. your post is screaming with excitment!..
Jennifer H.
on 10/11/11 1:17 am - stockton, CA
I will tell you what I was never one to be big on prayers but I tell you I have learned they work and I do a lot of them now I will be sending lots your way!
Hugs Jen

May my Angles rest in peace.....
Born April 24,2011 Bethanie Marie passed April 25,2011 and Grace Anne passed May 6,2011
pregnancy calendar

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1224 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 852 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1315 views