Had babe

Ryder08
on 10/11/11 11:56 am, edited 10/11/11 11:59 am
Had Hunter Oct 4th, 2011.  He was 6lb 3oz 18 1/2in. 

I went in for an NST on the 3rd and Hunter fail his kick tests.  So they admitted me for observation.  And they decided to do my c-section the next morning.  He was born at 7:57 am.

I needed two iron transfusions and a blood transfusion.  I remained in the hospital until the 9th.  Hunter was fine and ready to go on the second day.  I now need weekly labs for my iron.  I knew my iron was low but not deadly low.  My hct/hemoglobin was extremely low as well.  I may need another transfusion.  I will know in a few days.

I have been in bed since I have gotten home.  I am happy that I actually can breastfeed.  I was unable with my first.  I am super tired and healing well.  My 3 year old, Ryder, is very lovable to the baby.  He kisses and had held him gently.  It's very sweet.

Photo on blog.

Hope all are doing well.
Colleen

mandajolyn
on 10/11/11 5:29 pm - Tallahassee, FL
Congratulations on a healthy baby boy! Sorry to hear you've had such a rough time! Hopefully they can get your iron where it needs to be! Glad you're able to breastfeed and your older one adores the baby! Feel better soon!
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

Lexa321
on 10/12/11 4:58 am - weston, FL
welcome hunter!..
sjburt1
on 10/12/11 9:12 am
Congratulations!!! Welcome Hunter!!
Stephanie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics