I'm soooo ready

hockeybabe2u
on 10/13/11 8:51 am - Allegan, MI
I'm soooo ready to have this baby!  I know I have 12 days until my due date, but lately I've been feeling sick to my stomach and my back aches all the time.....ugh.  I went and seen my midwife today and she said she will be out of town this weekend.  The baby is still high, so I probably wont go into labor and chances are my body hasn't made much progress.  She could have checked me, but my mom couldn't go to my appointment and I had my 3 year old with me....plus I figured why bother poking at me and making me uncomfortable....if my body is ready, it's ready and I will know when to go to the hospital.  BUT part of me wants to try things to get things moving.  My midwife suggested sex, but honestly the past couple of times we had sex, it just felt akward for both of us, so not sure it's worth it.  I heard raspberry leaf tea or pineapple juice, but not sold they really help either.  Casterol oil is out of the question for me!  Do you ladies have any suggestions?  Part of me wants to try something to get him to come soon and part of me wants to wait and make sure my midwife is around after this weekend.  I'm just sick of my aches and upset stomach.

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

wyltkamanda
on 10/13/11 11:19 am - rockwell, NC
you could try walking that seems to help....lots and lots of walking..good luck!
hockeybabe2u
on 10/13/11 1:06 pm - Allegan, MI
I was out shopping and on my feet for over 3 hours last night without any luck.  I guess my mind is ready, but my body and baby are not!  I just need to be patient!

Paula622
on 10/13/11 11:54 am
None of it works!  Well, maybe castor oil, but only because it makes you so sick and crampy that it puts you in labor (probably not worth trying).  The rest is just a bunch of wives tales that only "work" if your body is ready anyway (in which case you will go into labor soon even without these remedies).  I tried EVERY suggestion to bring on labor with my first and she just held on tighter in there.  She was a week late and was definitely not about to be coaxed out by spicy food, bumpy roads, pineapple, or even sex (which was not worth it anyway, lol).  Unfortunately, I think time is the only thing that really works!

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

hockeybabe2u
on 10/13/11 1:03 pm - Allegan, MI
I agree with you!  Bottom line is your body has to be ready for labor.  I feel my body is ready for labor.....LOL....but my baby is not.  I do notice a big difference in the way my body feels the past few days and now it's starting to bother me.  I'm completely ready for this baby to come......I have everything ready......so it's just a waiting game and I'm being impatient.....errr.  I wished I would calm down and try to enjoy these last few days/weeks because this is the last time I will be pregnant and I know I will miss it when it's over.....sighhhhhh

USAF Wife
on 10/13/11 9:36 pm
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh me too ! ! ! I have 18 days left until we hit the date of csection so I'm literally counting it down.

I hope things progress naturally for ya, and your stomach feels better. Hang in there chickee, we're almost there ! ! !

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Liz R.
on 10/14/11 12:19 am - Easton, PA
walking walking and more walking. I also sat on an exercise ball. They said that it helps the baby to drop.

Good luck!
Jennifer H.
on 10/14/11 1:08 am - stockton, CA
walk up and down some steps.

May my Angles rest in peace.....
Born April 24,2011 Bethanie Marie passed April 25,2011 and Grace Anne passed May 6,2011
pregnancy calendar

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 855 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views