post baby weight loss

tryingtobethin55 me
on 10/20/11 3:09 am
I would like to ask for any advice/suggestions...  I had a baby boy 4 months ago.  Pre preggo I was about 160 pounds...well the day before I deliever I was 223..  so thats a gain of 63 pounds.  He is now 4 months old and I am currently 180 pounds.  so I am still holding on to an additonal 20 pounds that I would like to get off.  I am breastfeeding exclusively and have not introduced any cereal or solids to him yet, I am planning on waiting until he is 6 months old.  How many calories is everyone eating inorder to keep up with their milk supply?  How are you taking the weight off?  Thanks in advance!  : )
hockeybabe2u
on 10/21/11 1:56 am - Allegan, MI
I really don't have a ton of advice, but I would suggest increasing your water A LOT.....this will get off excess water weight gain and wont hurt your supply of milk at all! Also, I would make protein your priority 1st when you eat (so eat your meat/cheese/dairy, etc. before your veggies, fruit and carbs)....the more protein you take in, the easier the weight should come off. I know you don't want to cut down to much on your calories as that can hurt your supply. I just read an article that said nursing moms should eat 2200-2400 calories a day.....but I'm not sure if you actually need that much! Also, make sure you take all your vitamins regularly. Also, try to get some exercise in and make sure your well rested! Good luck!

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

Lianne C.
on 10/23/11 12:21 pm - Garden City, MI
I am breast feeding and I cannot lose the extra 40lbs! I have tried to tell myself that it will come off but, some women hold on to the weight while breastfeeding it just happens. I have my son (8 1/2 months old now) down to 3-4 feedings a day and 2-3 meals, so we are not weened yet. I hope by the one year it will come off!
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1225 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 853 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views