Breast fed baby, green poop and protein shakes

Erin_01
on 10/24/11 3:41 am
 Hello!  I am on my second post op baby and I was an active poster during my first pregnancy, but haven't been on much since.  I was hoping someone has some in site to my issue.  My 8 week old dd is EBF and lately has had very green poop.  At first I thought it was a foremilk/hindmilk issue, but I have been block feeding and I feel if it was foremilk causing the green poop it would be resolved by now.  After thinking about my diet, the only thing I have consistently is a protein shake every day. Since it's hard to find other mothers the BF and use Whey protein, I thought this might be the best place to look for insight.
Does anyone else use whey protein and BF?  Do you notice any issues?  I know that green is within the normal range of stool color, but everyday with little to no difference?  My dd is gaining weight and doing great, it's just odd!
Annnd now I have turned into one of those moms that obsesses about my child's poop.
Thank you!

Erin 

Open RNY 7/14/2005

Violet S.
on 10/24/11 4:45 am - NY
 I EBF'ed my 2 kids and I noticed their poop would vary from yellow to green to brown at different times, probably depending on what I ate. The green poo may be from the whey protein, but as long as your little one is growing and happy and gaining weight, I wouldn't worry.  It is funny how what we eat affects the BF baby... If I ate raw onion while nursing my oldest guy, he would fart up a storm! ;) 
RainyDayWoman
on 10/25/11 9:36 am - Fridley, MN

My friend's little guy also has what she calls "pesto poop" and he's growing and doing fine.  I think it's only a problem if the baby is excessively fussy, in pain or extra gassy. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 855 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views