i HAVE A QUESTION

CATHERINE81
on 11/9/11 3:23 am - BROCKTON, MA
Hello everyone update on me well went to ob yesterday and gained 2.5 pounds in 2 weeks (havent been drinking much water but so far today 50.70 ounces so far @ 2:18pm) and my doc wants me to test my suger fasting 2 hours after every meal. is this normal? now lil history  on me before my surgery i was a bad diabetic on meds and insulan hight cholesteral and high blooodpressure . now they did my labs my aic was 5 iron b-12 everything good (she also told me to stop taking my iron since its good and im getting it from my prenatel) also i need 1500 calcium which i figured, so my question i had my rny 5/18/09 and lost over 100 pounds left hosp 4 dya after surgary and left hosp no meds or insulan im getting worried am i a high risk for genstational diab? im a little concerned she also said once a diabetic always considered a diabetic. and watch out for alot of starch, now my doc specializes rny so i trust her and am very comfortable with her but is anyone experienceing similar as me am i overacting or is this normal??

on a happier she gave ma an us yesterday and saw my baby OMG so much bigger in over a week and waved at me (moved arm back and forth and leg had me laughning and practically crying and such a strong heart beat) i go back 22nd for 3 month check up us and follow up on sugars and take it from there, any advice or opinion would help alot thank you

9 weeks 4 days
Jennifer H.
on 11/9/11 4:32 am - stockton, CA
Well may be doing it if you have a past like you said or when they did your urin test in office it showed high sugar in it.Most dont test this early unless they have a reason.Best of luck !

May my Angles rest in peace.....
Born April 24,2011 Bethanie Marie passed April 25,2011 and Grace Anne passed May 6,2011
pregnancy calendar

CATHERINE81
on 11/9/11 10:23 pm - BROCKTON, MA
ty sweety im just paranoid just petrified to become a diabetic again
(deactivated member)
on 11/9/11 6:58 am - Woodbridge, VA
Since you're a type 2 diabetic, even if it's "in remission," yes, you are at increased risk for gestational diabetes. Just like having gestational diabetes actually puts you at increased risk for developing type 2 later on. 

I was a type 2 prior to my WLS as well, but I still consider myself one even though I have been off all meds with my A1C in the 4s for at least 2 years now. I know that pancreatic beta cells may never fully recover, so my diabetes could very well return with a vengeance, and pregnancy is prime time for it to do so. It also may not recur at all - but how would we know without testing?

I do not test fastings every single day, nor do I test post-prandials after all meals, but I do sort of spot check both to keep an eye on things. I am 20 weeks and 1 day today, and so far, so good, but I will continue to monitor my glucose levels.

CATHERINE81
on 11/9/11 10:26 pm - BROCKTON, MA
thank you its hard getting back in the routine of testing i fell asleep last night and ended up eating donut and coffee when remembered to fasting this mornign so now gotta wait till 1030 to check.. just hate being back in routine again ty
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views