Starting to think about it...

Kim26
on 11/29/11 9:48 am
I had RNY surgery in April, and I have lost  about 140 lbs. I still have some more weight to drop, but one of the main reasons that I had the surgery is to try to have a baby. My surgeon recommends waiting a full 2 years before trying to conceive, but I am not sure I want to wait that long.  I am going to be 35 in January, and this would be our first. My concern is that if it takes us a couple of years to conceive, I would be close to 40, and my husband 42. We were thinking of starting to try around the one year mark - so April 2012. I want to do get my body ready, so I have switched from regular vitamins to pre-natal so to bump up the folic acid.

My question is, I was taking two multi-vitamins per day - should I also do that with a pre-natal? Is there anything that I can have TOO much of in my system? I just had my labs done, and other than my Vitamin D, everything seems to look good. Are there any specific lab results that I should be paying attention to when it comes to getting pregnant?

Thank you!!

“We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces, while regret weighs tons.? - Jim Rohn   
"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure." - Bill Cosby

(17 lbs lost pre-op)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 855 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views