7 1/2 month old refusing food

tryingtobethin55 me
on 1/16/12 2:55 pm
Hello everyone, just looking to see if anyone has went through this...really in need of some suggestions and tips from people who have... My son is 7 1/2 months old and has been exclusively breastfeed..he does take a bottle from hubby while I am at work, but he has to be starving inorder to do so .we introduced baby food to him at 6 months old...and have tried just bout every food under the sun and he refuses it all.  He closes his mouth and turns his head away.  I have tried to let him do it himself by putting it on the highchair and he just plays in it.  This has been getting me worried because the doctor said she would give him 2 more weeks and if he still wont eat shes sending us to a feeding team.  Has anyone went through this? 
hockeybabe2u
on 1/16/12 10:52 pm - Allegan, MI
I haven't dealt with something like that, but be assured your baby is getting almost all of his nutrition from you. Yes, it's good he is introduced to baby food and eventually eat it, but the nutriants he gets from it is minor compared to your breastmilk or formula. Try not to stress about it and if your doctor (is it a peditrician?) recommends a feeding team...go willinly and see what happens! Good luck!

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

Lexa321
on 1/17/12 6:33 am - weston, FL
i think hes just not ready...some kids are ready sooner then others... see what the feeding team has to say... but i wouldnt worry
artroxy blue
on 1/17/12 10:58 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
On January 17, 2012 at 2:33 PM Pacific Time, Lexa321 wrote:
i think hes just not ready...some kids are ready sooner then others... see what the feeding team has to say... but i wouldnt worry
 I agree with Lexa321...one of my friends was exclusively BFing til one and baby is fine. I'm not sure why they would send him to a feeding team (whatever that is?) unless they're concerned about weigh gain/height growth? 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 855 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views