Pregnancy after tummy tuck and or breast lift w-implants?

blondie0803
on 1/24/12 12:30 pm
Hi everyone. I want to start off by saying I am turning 29 years old next month and am just over 2 years out from my WLS. I have lost all of the excess weight that I think I am going to lose and am left with the devastating loose skin. I am contemplating a breast lift and implants as well as a tummy tuck to start. I have seen 2 plastic surgeons and now need to decide whether to proceed or not. What is holding me up in my decision is that I have not ruled out having kids in the future yet. I am trying to decide whether it will be worth it to me to have the surgeries anyways and potentially get pregnant in the future. If that happens, I know I am at risk for revisions needed to be done. However I don't know if I can wait not knowing for sure if I am going to have children.
See, I was recently divorced in May of 2011. So I am dating now and extremely insecure about my body. I really am stressing over this decision. Has anyone had implants/lift and then gotten pregnant and breastfed? How were your breasts after all of that? What about a tummy tuck? I know it sounds silly to go through that with the possibility of having children in the future, but has anyone done it? How was the pain of the pregnancy on your abdomen and did your tummy go down? I have been doing a lot of research and it seems like the majority of women still have a better looking stomach even after babies than with the loose skin from WLS before the TT. I haven't read much about how women's breasts are after having babies after implants. My surgeon I spoke with said he would do a TT but can't guarentee the skin would tighten up. But if he did it, he would rather do that before doing my breasts just because of the pulling down or whatever of the TT procedure. So I  need to decide if I should go through with surgery and if so, which one first...

Any adice or life experience would be extremely helpful please. I really want to have the reminder of my obesity put in the past and have my body tightened up so I can move on with my thoughts and emotions and put that energy spent worrying and feeling self-concious to better use! However I don't want to make a huge mistake if I am told stories of breasts that were back to being really saggy, etc. after having babies. Or horror stories of the TT and getting pregnant afterwards.

Sorry this is so long but my heart and mind are so heavy with this decision.   
Weight on Day of Surgery: 261lbs
Current Weight: 152
 lbs                
I am 5'3" and 29 years old. 
Tummy Tuck done on 3/6/12 w- Dr. Vincent DiNick
BL/BA done on 6/23/12 w-Dr. Vincent DiNick

CMR2595
on 1/24/12 6:11 pm - CT
Hi....
I was 2 years out from rny and I had a tummy tuck, arms, breast lift (no implants) and butt lift before having my 2nd baby this August. I still have 20 pounds to lose but my stomach is still pretty flat! My weight is in my hips....as for breasts, I breast fed for two months and they are back to what they were....although I wish I had implants!!!! Honestly I would have the surgery! Oh and I had no issues with pain as my belly grew, actually my stomach stayed small because of the tuck!

Best wishes, Courtney
HW/SW/CW/GW: 301/298/179/154
Just had a baby....working off 25 lbs!
Paula622
on 1/25/12 12:34 am
I haven't had any plastics, but my two cents is that worse case scenario you'll just end up looking like the rest of the world after having babies.  I'm breastfeeding my second and I'm quite positive that I'll never have perky 22 year old breasts again, but the way I look at it, what 40 year old does?!  I say, go for it!  You'll feel better about yourself now and if you wait till after you maybe have kids, you may end up never doing it. 

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

Grace R.
on 1/25/12 7:43 pm - Fairbanks, AK
 I'm almost 6 years out and glad I've waited to have plastics. They say that your weight should be stable for at least 6 months, but after 2 years out is when I noticed that my weight fluxuated up and down 10-20 lbs. so it's good to know where you're really stable at, and not just being where you want to weigh. I'm pregnant now and I have always refused to get plastics til afterward. On another wls community i was active in, a girl had plastics then a baby and recommended not doing it in that order. I personally don't want more stretch marks where I don't have any (and that's very few places), let alone fresh red marks. My stomach has enough fat and loose skin, that at 14 wks, I'm not showing at all yet and definitely feel I have room to grow without stretching much. I'd recommend waiting. I met my husband at 2 years out and despite my body issues, he's been very supportive and loves me no matter what. But lemme tell ya, I can't wait to have plastics someday...
Grace R.
on 1/25/12 7:51 pm - Fairbanks, AK
 On top of that, I'm not sure, but can you breast feed with implants? Even if you don't breast feed, your breasts will change from pregnancy alone... I'm 31 now and though before I got married, I'd planned to have plastics before I got "too old", I think I'm making the right decision by waiting until I'm done with kids to "fix" my body hopefully for good cause I know myself and I know if I had plastics then a kid, I'd want a TT revision and all that and I know I can't afford that in the long run. 
pirate_mommy
on 1/26/12 1:31 pm
Hey there .... I have been where you are. I decided, at 2 years out from RNY to have a tummy tuck and breast augmentation with a lift. For YEARS I looked great! Then .... I got pregnant with my first baby after I married my DH. The TT resulted in a pregnancy that was carried very high the entire time ... not uncomfortable until the end, when the baby was literally up in my ribs and kicking my lower rib cage due to tightly sewn muscles ( 5 years after the fact). As far as breasts go, most surgeons will tell you there is no conclusive evidence that breast augmentation leads to an inability to breast feed. BUT, if you ask around, most of us have major issues. I struggled in a big way to give both my girls around 5 oz a day for their first 6 months and had to supplement with formula. So, advice? After 2 babies who were close together, my belly is still tight and flat (I gained 23 lbs with each girl and lost it after birth). My breasts? Totally nonfunctional and a hot mess to boot. They really are looking sad. So, I would say to go ahead with the TT if you choose, but wait on your breasts if BF is important to you. Good luck!

blondie0803
on 4/4/12 12:03 am
Thanks everyone for your advice! I went ahead and had the tummy tuck 4 weeks ago. I am really happy with the results so far. I sincerely appreciate all of your advice and sharing of your experiences. Take care!
Weight on Day of Surgery: 261lbs
Current Weight: 152
 lbs                
I am 5'3" and 29 years old. 
Tummy Tuck done on 3/6/12 w- Dr. Vincent DiNick
BL/BA done on 6/23/12 w-Dr. Vincent DiNick

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views