Had my IUD out and 5 tries later...BAM!

Jennifer M.
on 2/9/12 8:36 am - NC
Pregnant!  I can't believe it.  Just color me fertile! This will be our 3rd baby, but our first since my RNY 15 months ago. I'm only 6 weeks along. Our youngest now is turning seven.  That's a bit scary.  This little one will be starting kindergarden the same time my oldest is graduating.  I've wanted this baby for 5 years, but couldn't because my weight was so out of control.  It will be super exciting to have a baby at a healthy weight.  I hope I have a cute baby bump, but with my saggy panni, I'm not sure what to expect.

That brings me to a question.  I ALWAYS wear those tank top type thingies under my clothes that are tight and hold your skin in.  The name brand of them are Spanx, I think, but I just use the $12 ones from Cato. Without them, I can feel my loose skin jiggling around and I can't stand that.  As my belly grows, is there an alternative to those?  I sure hope so!

I'm excited, but super nervous.  I'm absolutely terrified of gaining weight.  I know it's natural for it to happen, but it's scary all the same.  I have told all my church family, and my fellow homeschooling peeps, but I'm putting off telling my family.  They will not be happy, and I want this to be a happy time.  I know they are just worried about me, but still...  I don't want to listen!  How did
you guys deal with family?  Were they supportive?  Did it take some convincing on your part that you and baby were going to be ok and you wouldn't gain all your weight back?

I have more questions, but I guess that's enough for now!  I've enjoyed reading all ya'lls posts!
Loving my new life!  I'm ever so grateful...
Visit my weight loss blog at http://homeschoolblogger.com/gettingitgone/.
Includes 76lbs weight loss before surgery.

tamiissunshine
on 2/9/12 10:07 am - Halsey, OR
Congratulations! I wear the tank tops under my clothes too. I got mine at target in the maternity section, I love them, they help round out the belly!
Tami   "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

hockeybabe2u
on 2/9/12 10:47 am - Allegan, MI
Congrats on your pregnancy! When my youngest goes into kindergarten, my oldest will be graduating, my 2nd oldest will be entering high school and my 3rd child will be in 3rd grade! I too was worried about telling my family about having this last baby because of comments made in the past and them thinking "oh no, now I have another baby to buy bday and xmas gifts for"....I know sounds petty, but that is the way my family thinks....for me I just figure they can spend less on my kids and I will spend a little more on my sis' girls. Anyways, when I told my mom and sister, they were both happy and excited (my dad said nothing)! My mom even went with me to most of my doctors appointments! It was nice to involve her as more than likely this will be her last grandbaby as my sister had a hysterectomy and I already have 4 kids and just turned 39! My husbands parents live in Czech Republic, but were happy about the news!

As far as your family making comments about you gaining all your weight back is just silly on their part. Yes you will gain weight...you need too!...your carrying a baby! I say wait and tell them when you feel ready! You might be surprised and they might be very happy happy about the news!

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

Mell
on 2/9/12 9:51 pm
I still use my spanx just in a bigger size. They have a cheaper lined called Assets and they have a pregnancy line not as good as spanx but spanx has a few varieties in maternity also.
I just bought the size bigger at the Nordstrom Rack they are only 17 bucks!
L2D
on 2/10/12 4:24 am, edited 2/10/12 4:24 am - Canada
Congrats! I just had my IUD out a few weeks ago and now I'm waiting to see what happens!
My oldest is 17 and my youngest is 11 so let's do the calculations..lol, this one will be in Kindergarten when my oldest graduates University?? hahah...nice!
I'm panicking about the reaction I'll get from others too...even just the 2 friends that I told about trying were asking why on earth would I want a baby with an 11 and 17 year old....and of course they asked question about weight gain too. I don't want to listen to anyone this time around.. I was young and unmarried with my first 2 and this time I will not take crap from ANYONE! :)
mandajolyn
on 2/10/12 6:12 am - Tallahassee, FL
Congratulations! 
I have a LOT of panni skin and spanx helped keep things in the center and It allowed me to have a baby belly. I also use a shaper from Catherine's that's not to tight but it does the same thing. Spanx has some spacifically for pregnancy.
It's scary to think about gaining weight, but you have to remember it's for baby! I have to remind myself that it's baby not me regaining. It does mess with your head but the joy of knowing you're doing what you need to for your lil one will make it worth it all! 
Most of my family was very supportive, they've been waiting for us to have kids. Most everyone has been excited and they're really looking forward to another baby in the family. Most my siblings who have had kids are done and the others aren't in any hurry, so it was my turn.  My mom wasn't so much. I chose not to tell her cause I don't have the best relationship with her but my brother told her and her reaction wasn't even one of concern, it was just outright "isn't that going to ruin her weight loss?" so that was hard to take.
Just try to remember this isn't about them, it's about you and your family! You're not doing this for them and if they don't want to be happy for you and supportive, it's their loss! It's hard because you want family to be supportive. A new baby is a blessing and doing it when your health is SO much better is an even bigger blessing because you're able to have a healthier pregnancy. You tell them when/if you're ready to! Don't let them or anyone take this happiness away from you or make you feel guilty for being happy about this! 
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views