Menses while breastfeeding

tryingtobethin55 me
on 2/14/12 8:49 am
Just wondering when everyones menses returned?  Was it after you stopped nursing, or while you were nursing how old was the baby?  I am currently nursing my almost 9 month old and have been TTC for baby number 3 although I havent had a period.  Dr said once I stop nursing he could give me something to start my cycle back up, which would have to be after the baby is one.  I may be jumping the gun here...but we have a 7 year age difference between my first and second and I def dont want that happening again.  lol : ) 
Paula622
on 2/14/12 10:54 am
I breastfeed my daughter for 9 months, didn't get my period until a few weeks after she was fully weaned.  Like you, we wanted to concieve but I didn't have a cycle.  Once they came back I was more regular than I'd ever been!  It made getting pregnant with my second super easy (one try).  I'm now into my third month of nursing #2 and no period in sight (I'm hoping it doesn't come till I'm ready to conceive again). 

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

Lianne C.
on 2/14/12 12:39 pm - Garden City, MI
I still have not gotten one. I nursed only at night for the last few weeks , than a little over a week ago, completely weened. Still no sign. I am not trying to conceive but would love to get it so I know for the opposite reason Even while on BC, I never got it.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
linda.traxler
on 2/14/12 4:11 pm - Laßnitzhöhe, Austria
I breast fed my daughter for 1 year and my son for 10 months.  No period or spotting during nursing.  Both times menses returned within a couple weeks after weaning.
twert80
on 2/14/12 10:24 pm
Wow........wish i was that lucky...lol...mine came back after about 6-8wks....wasn't very heavy but def a period.....and i nursed for 8-9mo without any prob.  Sure it just varies from woman to woman..........i know my sister was the same as me couldn't get away from good old AF....lol

Tiff
pokie123
on 2/16/12 10:54 pm - Quincy, FL
I delivered in nov11 went for my 6wks check and my af started that day.  I have been getting it every month since.  I breastfeed, pump and I have to suppliment with formula so I don't know if that is the case
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1214 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 845 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1307 views