I was wondering..

KellBells85
on 2/22/12 10:14 pm - New Bedford, MA
 Hi my name is Kelly :) I'm 26 years old and had my gastric by pass a little over four years ago. Since then I've lost close to 140 lbs and still in the process of loosen. My question is..how soon should you test for pregnancy? Me and my fiancé had sex recently on one of my fertile days. My periods have been pretty regular since I stopped using birth control a year and a half ago. I'm now two days late..I tested the night my period was supposed to come but got a negative. Was that too early?If any one could help me out I'd be greatful thanks (:
Paula622
on 2/22/12 10:51 pm
Could be too early.  Wait a few days and test again.  My period has to be almost a week late before I get a positive test.  Good luck!

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

kwinkleman
on 2/23/12 12:11 am - FL
With my son (who is 8) I tested early and got a negative, waiting till I was a week or so late and then got a positive.
With this current pregnancy I tested very early and got a positive.  I would wait probably till the "week late" point hits just so you are not buying test after test.....but I know that is difficult to do :-)

Good luck
omma24
on 2/23/12 4:00 am
I would wait a couple days and repeat.  If you don't start in another week, I'd call the doc. 
KellBells85
on 2/23/12 7:38 am - New Bedford, MA
ok thanks girls! this would be mine and my  fiances first "real" pregnancy scare. I hate to make it sound that way because we aren't really trying like most people are on the form..
(deactivated member)
on 2/23/12 7:40 am, edited 2/22/12 7:41 pm - Woodbridge, VA
I took THREE First Response home tests and got negatives on all of them when I was, in fact, VERY pregnant (about 7 weeks along). If your period doesn't show up in a few more days, I'd call the doc for a blood test even if the home tests are still negative, just to be sure.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views