Prenatals

Diana N.
on 3/2/12 5:59 am - Mechanicsburg, PA
For the other preggo DSers...how do I get rid of the constipation caused by the prenatals?

I guess this would work for anyone, I am just more familiar with the pooping habits of DSers
baby development pregnancy calendar
omma24
on 3/2/12 9:59 am
I am an RNY'er.  However, I have had a lot of issues with constipation after I had surgery.  And now that I am preggo..it's even worse.  I take a maintenance dose of generic colace daily.  I asked the ob and she said it was perfectly fine.  I try to add fiber but it's hard to get enough..plus it just seems to make me gassy and not help all that much.  

(deactivated member)
on 3/4/12 10:20 am - Woodbridge, VA
Why did you switch to prenatals? What do they have that you weren't already getting enough of? I never switched because the primary difference between regular multis and prenatals is just that prenatals have more calcium, iron, and folate. I already take separate calcium and iron, so no need for those, and my folate level was already unmeasurably high, plus my regular multi contained more folate than the prenatals I compared it to at the store. All I did was add a DHA supplement to what I'd already been taking pre-pregnancy.
Diana N.
on 3/4/12 11:41 am - Mechanicsburg, PA
I didn't switch just added them. What is the DHA supp and where do u find it?
(deactivated member)
on 3/4/12 7:04 pm - Woodbridge, VA
So you're taking prenatals AND regular multivitamins? Sounds like overkill! DHA is an Omega fatty acid that supports brain growth and development. You can get it just about anywhere - some prenatals have it included now (but those prenatals will be noticeably bigger because DHA isn't particularly compact). It normally comes in the form of fish oil, but I buy mine from Walmart because they have Spring Valley brand algal form of DHA, which is said to be better absorbed even by normies since it's the original form of DHA (since fish get it from algae in the first place - skip the middleman, so to speak!).
Diana N.
on 3/4/12 7:08 pm - Mechanicsburg, PA
thanks Jill!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1226 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 853 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views