How long did it take to lose your baby weight??

boomsheeka01
on 3/6/12 1:35 am - Killeen, TX
I am very frustrated! I have been doing good with my eating and exercising for a while now, and the scale has not moved at all!!  I am discouraged, but I shall press on!

How long did it take you to lose your baby weight? And how did you have to lose?  Thanks ladies!

Also.... Am I the only one who's weight loss COMPLETELY stops in the week of ovulation??  Why does that happen??

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Mell
on 3/6/12 1:58 am
I know your frustration! Not sure if you are breastfeeding but I could not after a few weeks so I went on a liquid diet for nearly a month and lost all but 10lbs (I gained like 45lbs!) before I got pregnant again! But I usually do that and then work on maintaining. Good luck
Paula622
on 3/6/12 4:07 am
Try not to compare yourself to others!  It is just going to drive you crazy!  I know, I know, easier said than done.  Each person and pregnancy is sooo different.  With my first, I gained about 20 lbs during my pregnancy and lost it within two weeks after she was born, BUT then I gained about 20 during the 9 months while I nursed (this is when I decided to have WLS).  This time I gained about 18 lbs and lost it within 3 weeks, plus I'm down 7 of the 17 more that I had wanted to lose before I got pregnant.  I'd like to say I'm doing things a lot differently than last time, but in many ways I'm not.  I try to focus on protein first and drink a ton of water, but during the holidays I ate a ton of christmas cookies and I still have my bad "carby" days sometimes.  I just try to be good most of the time.  I don't really work out right now and can't wait til it warms up so I can start walking again!  I really want to lose this last 10 before I turn the big 3-0 in June!!  Good luck to you, but just remember, everyone's journey is different!  You'll get there, just give it some time!

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/12 5:09 am - Woodbridge, VA
You say you're "doing good" with your eating, but what does that really mean? For me to lose weight, I need to keep carbs low (even the so-called "good" carbs like whole grains and starchy veggies). If I don't keep carbs low, then I have to reduce my calories much more in order to lose. You may just have not yet found the right "doing good" eating for your body, which may not necessarily be the same as before the baby since your body has gone through so much in the past year.
Zee Starrlite
on 3/7/12 2:26 am, edited 3/7/12 2:27 am
Jilly do you think all people have to lower their carbs (even the "good carbs")  to lose or is it just us lucky ones?  I really can't figure it out even with all the books and programs I've done.

At the muffin place in my neighborhood the babies, tots, and children eat entire muffins - they are whole fruit filled still large and high caloried and their bodies are tiny.  Last night my nephew's friend talked about getting a McFlurry (650 cals) as he drank a Coke, munched on giant choco chip cookies (he's like no kidding 100lbs max dry!)  and I see other people eat a ton of food yet they seem "normal sized".  I ate a lot of "healthy food" but even when at 1500 calories and active the scale did not go down or stay down pre-op. Maybe this people don't really eat much but what you see them eat???

This weight thing is something else!  I hope if I am blessed enough to conceive and have a child one day that my metabolic system won't seem to malfunction further. .

So glad you are so far along and doing well Jill.

All The Best,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

(deactivated member)
on 3/7/12 8:16 pm - Woodbridge, VA
Just because a "normal sized" person eats a bunch of junk and doesn't get fat doesn't mean it's HEALTHY. The human body does not require that we eat ANY carbs in order to be healthy - our brains and organs need glucose, but what most people don't realize is that our amazing bodies can make glucose out of excess protein intake. Eating carbs is not necessary. People have existed for generations just fine living in areas where grains and fresh produce are not readily available (Eskimos/Inuits being the most obvious examples).

Most diabetics (or anyone who has had to regularly monitor bloog glucose levels) will tell you that the "good carbs" have the same effects on our bodies as the processed/simple carbs. On a diebetes forum I participate on, there was a recent discussion about how 100% whole grain bread actually spiked some people's glucose levels even slightly MORE than simple white bread even though the total carb counts were about the same.

I do NOT believe everyone has to go low carb for weight loss - if that were true, then plans like Weigh****chers and other calorie-restriction programs wouldn't work for ANYONE, but they do. I do, however, believe more people would find success sooner if they tried low carbing. Personally, I can lose weight eating hundreds more calories per day if my diet is low in carbs; add the carbs back in, and I have to decrease my caloric intake in order to not gain weight. And, of course, it's not just about the weight, but health in general. Low carb, high fat diets tend to help not only regular glucose levels, but also lower high cholesterol (including triglycerides), reduce inflammation in the body, and have even been used to treat such conditions as Alzheimer's, cancers, schizophrenia, adolescent epilepsy...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views