nervous

mksgr1
on 3/11/12 7:08 am
 Okay so I just found out I am about 5 and a half weeks pregnant.  Yeah.  I tried to get pregnant before wls and did 4 round of fertility drugs 2 of which we also did artificial insimination.  We got pregnant.... then about 4 weeks later I lost the baby.  I was devistated especially because we tried to get pregnant after and nothing worked.  I lost 115 pounds and went off bc in February.  I got pregnant right away. Yeah.  Now I am super nervous.  I had a little spotting over this weekend.  I have not had major bleeding and cramping like my last one but I am still worried.  My friend told me she just had a miscarrage a few months ago because a sac formed but no baby.  This made me even more nervous.   Should I go get an ultrasound tomorrow to be sure?  Has anyone else had a miscarriage then a successful pregnancy or a pregnacy that ended in a miscarrage because no fetus formed just a sac?  I need a little reassurance.  Thanks for help/advice. p.s I am afraid to ask these questions because if I say I am pregnant I am so sure something bad is going to happen.
(deactivated member)
on 3/11/12 7:47 am - Woodbridge, VA
You might not see anything in an ultrasound this early - I've heard of others who saw "just a sac" up until about 7-8 weeks along when they were finally able to see the baby and find a heartbeat.

I had spotting multiple times in my first trimester, but nothing bad ever happened. Spotting can be completely meaningless.
Nikki M.
on 3/11/12 9:28 am
Being very early pregnant is so nerve wracking! I feel for you! Most doctors wont do an ultrasound until your beta's are about 2,000. Between 5-6 weeks pregnant most of the time a transvaginal ultrasound will show a gestational sac. You probably won't see much else until 6+ weeks pregnant. The baby's heartbeat can usually be seen between 6.5-7 weeks. So the good news is the little bean will develop pretty fast!
I think what your friend was refering to was a blighted ovum. Where there is a sac, but no baby develops. It is a common cause of early miscarriage or "chemical pregnancies." I dont' know what to say to ease your mind, because I worried about things like that too. I suggest you call your OB and get an ultrasound/beta scheduled if you can. That should give you some peace of mind. The good news is that 2/3- 3/4 of all pregnancies end with a live birth :)
Keep us posted!

Lapband 8/2007. Revised to VSG 10/2010.... 170 pounds lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

MusicMaryn
on 3/12/12 5:23 am - San Jose, CA
Congrats on the BFP!  I had 2 MC's before this little one settled in for the long haul.  MC's are NOT fun at all and they certainly do make you ultra nervous the next time you get pg.  But try to relax (yeah... not easy... I know!)  US's wont show much for another week for you.  A little spotting is normal.  I know some women that spotted for the entire 1st trimester and delivered healthy babies.  It's really nerve wracking for sure.  Definitely call your OB to let them know about your BFP and get an US scheduled for next week.
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

mksgr1
on 3/12/12 5:53 am
 I called today and they said they would not be able to see anything this early and are doing another quantitative level tomorrow.  boo. not much reassurance but I guess I will have to wait and see what happens.
linda.traxler
on 3/12/12 6:24 pm - Laßnitzhöhe, Austria
That'S good they're doing another quant.  it's your best indicator right now.  If they do an US and don't see fetal heart yet (which they probably wouldn't), it would make it worse for you.

I feel for you!  I had1 empty yolk sac preg. discovered around 8 weeks, and 2 regular miscarriages one at 9 weeks and one at 14.5 weeks.  Early pregnancy is sooooo hard on the nerves.  Hang in there and try not to think only about the 'what if's'...  I've gone on to have 2 very healthy kids and am at the end of what will be my last pregnancy!

Truly hope you get good news on the lab work and remember if you don't you can always keep trying!!  Hang in there!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1318 views