1st OB appt tomorrow

Diana N.
on 3/20/12 11:06 am - Mechanicsburg, PA
I am a DSer and am wondering if I should print out info for my OBGYN so she is familiar with my surgery and my needs. I have already cromprised a list together of all my vits but wondering what else I should do...
baby development pregnancy calendar
(deactivated member)
on 3/20/12 9:45 pm - Woodbridge, VA
I just explained to my OB that I had a sleeve instead of a pouch (most docs are more familiar with the sleeve nowadays) plus intestinal malabsorption. My first OB was an idiot and didn't take it nearly seriously enough, so I ditched her and changed to a new OB in my first trimester. Expect your doc to freak out if you're taking vit A supplements. I would have a copy of your most recent lab results to show that your vit A is not high at that level of supplementation.
Diana N.
on 3/20/12 10:29 pm - Mechanicsburg, PA
thanks Jill!
baby development pregnancy calendar
DsMama
on 3/26/12 3:18 pm, edited 3/26/12 3:19 pm
 Congrats!!
I would print out the visual diagram of what the DS looks like, your surgeon's contact info (in case your OB needs to consult with your surgeon, mine did), bring your most recent labs, as well as a list of your current vitamins and dosage amounts. If she isn't familiar with the DS specifically, you may want to also print out a short description of how the DS works. On my surgeon's (Dr. Rabkin) website, www.paclap.com he has a printable emergency card that you can have with you at all times. I think it's important for all of my dr's (or an ER doctor) to know what my internal anatomy looks like.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views