Successful VBAC with induction and we're home!!!!

linda.traxler
on 3/24/12 8:04 pm - Laßnitzhöhe, Austria
Hi everyone!

So, 5 days after the due date after having regular strong contractions for 8 hours every 10 min. than progressing to every 3-5 min. we loaded up the kids and took them to a friends at 2 a.m. and headed to the hospital.  Not half an hour after we get to the delivery area the contractions stop.  I'd had it. They sent me up to the unit to walk a bit and see what happens.  Then talked to a doc and we decided to go ahead with induction.  (my BP was quite high and my patience were at an end)

Started oxytocin at 10.15...  good HARD contractions started at 10.45....  I was trying for no epidural or other medical interventions.  By 12.00 I didn't think I would make it without pain control and was just started to talk about it to the midwife when I suddenly HAD to get off the labor ball I was sitting on and jump into bed!  About 5 minutes after I had the 'burning' feeling, told her and she kind of looked at me as if to say, it can't be, but I'll check you.  Took a look and he was crowning!  I'd dilated from 2 to 10 in under 1 hour.  Then pushed the little guy out in exactly 10 minutes.  

No complications other than a little cervical and vaginal tear.  I got to take my baby immediately into my arms just as I'd always hoped for!  It really couldn't have been a better birth. 

We are truly blessed.  Matthias Christian was 4015 grams (8lbs 13oz ) 54cm (21 inches).  He's a great nurser so far... has dropped a bit of weight but still within normal range.  Came home yesterday and will have visits from a midwife then next few days to check on us.

Hope all of you are well!!
Best to all,
Linda

nkjanes78
on 3/24/12 9:46 pm - Norfolk, VA
 congratulations!!!!!! I have been stalking for updates on you

Paula622
on 3/25/12 12:02 am
Yeah!!! Congratulations!! I've been thinking about you all week and hoping for a successful "easy" VBAC!  

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

plusizedbarbie
on 3/25/12 3:00 am - Manahawkin, NJ
WOW! i am SO happy for you! glad your vbac went well, youre amazing!
MY WLS RECIPE BLOG!  -- Check it out http://plusizedbarbie.blogspot.com/

Lilypie - (vbmr)    Lilypie - (fb9N)

Changed for good
                            ...september 17, 2007...

tamiissunshine
on 3/25/12 3:09 am - Halsey, OR
Congratulations! I am so glad it all went great for you!!!
Tami   "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Nikki M.
on 3/25/12 3:14 am
Congratulations! I'm so glad you were able to have the birth you wanted! He's beautiful :)

Lapband 8/2007. Revised to VSG 10/2010.... 170 pounds lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Celia S.
on 3/25/12 4:48 am - Grand Junction, CO
Congratulations on your uncomplicated VBAC and the beautiful baby boy! :)
amystimetoshine
on 3/25/12 7:28 am - Pleasant Hill, CA
Congratulations on your son!  YAY!!!  I am praying for VBAC myself... glad to hear they could use pitocin and have it be ok!   Enjoy this time.   :-)   Amy

HW 319   SW  277  CW 180  GW 169
RachelRN
on 3/25/12 8:12 am - Noblesville, IN
Hooray! Congrats!
Sherry-Lynn L.
on 3/25/12 9:52 am - Barrie, Canada
Great Job Momma!!!  Congrats on you're beautiful son!!!

Sherry-Lynn   

DD July 9th, 2012 7lbs 1oz

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1225 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 852 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views