Pouch Test

pokie123
on 3/28/12 11:51 pm - Quincy, FL
Hello,  does anyone know what the pouch test is and how it is done?
tobyiismom
on 3/29/12 2:22 am - IN
I haven't done it as I only had surgery two weeks ago, but I know that this site was suggested to others regarding it.

http://www.5daypouchtest.com/plan/theplan.html
MusicMaryn
on 3/29/12 2:33 am - San Jose, CA
I've done it a couple of times over the years and I highly recommend it to any WLS patient.  EXCEPT for those of us who are pregnant or *****cently had babies (ie: still BF'ing.)  It's 5 days of basically pure protein, no carbs and it takes you through the 4 major stages of the post-op diet from liquid for 2 days and progressing to solids.  People of average drop between 6-10 lbs during those 5 days.  The 1st time I did it, I dropped 9 lbs.  The biggest benefit from doing the 5 Day Pouch Test is that it reminds you that you do have a powerful tool inside of you and it gives you the opportunity to really take a look at what habits you have that may and may not be working for you.

I'm a certified Bariatric Life Coach and I run WLS support groups and meet with clients privately.  I've highly recommended the 5DPT to a LOT of my clients/patients.  But again, not if you are pregnant or still BF'ing.  The reason why PG and BF'ing mommies should not do the 5DPT is that we need a more balanced meal plan to include healthy carbs for our babies in utero and out.  Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.  I've written up a great document on this 5DPT.  I'm happy to share it with you if you like.  But you can also go to www.5daypouchtest.com for lotsa info.
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lianne C.
on 4/3/12 8:53 am - Garden City, MI
Maryn, is there a "puree stage" on the pouch test, cause I was confused about that.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
MusicMaryn
on 4/3/12 12:20 pm - San Jose, CA
Yes... its a "soft protein" stage. PM me your email addy and i'll send you my 3 pager on the 5DPT that created for my WLS support groups that I facilitate.
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1226 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 853 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views