Kidney stones

ddeeeeanna
on 3/30/12 9:51 am - EVANSVILLE, IN
I think I have kidney stones my right side hurts so bad nothing I take helps. Has anyone ever had them while pregnant. Im 20weeks 5 days pregnant..

DeeAnna Reed

Jennifer Q.
on 3/30/12 2:06 pm, edited 3/30/12 2:07 pm - Newton, NJ
 I had kidney stones during my second pregnancy at 34 weeks.  It was before GBS and I had pain bi-laterally across my back under my sholder blades.  They could not figure out what it was and then I spiked a fever of 102.8 and was in EXCRUCIATING pain.  They prepped me for surgery to take out my gall bladder, Appendix and the baby...I signed it all!! I have NEVER felt so horrible.  Well, apparently the stones were stuck in a bi-furcated uriter and caused a kidney infection.  I had no symptoms like painful urination, bleeding or anything else.  They ended up running a CAT scan and locating the stones so I did not have surgery.  They treated me with antibiotics (but NOT the the kind they would have liked because of the baby) and it took nearly 3 days for my body to respond.  I was vomiting for almost 24 hours straight! It was horrible.  I spent a total of 6 days in the hospital and ended up carrying my daughter to term.  Because of the pregnancy and all your internal organs being pushed out of place sometimes it is difficult for the medical staff to determine the cause of pain.  Be patient and persistent.  You are you best advocate.  Blessings and hope everything works out for you!!

SW 241.6/ CW 138.8/ GW 140
    At Goal 12/11/2009          
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1226 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 853 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views