99 problems and protein is 1.

mksgr1
on 4/12/12 3:20 am
 I am about 10 weeks pregnant and having a hard time eating.  I get sick a lot and only seem to want and be able to eat and keep down salty things. I am not getting as much protein as I should.  I am getting some but not tons.  I know I need more and was going to try putting some unflavored protein powder in jello.  Does anyone have any other suggestions on things that might be gentle on my stomach with more protein.  I can and have been eating cheese and yogurt.  Meat is just the major problem now.
tamiissunshine
on 4/12/12 7:23 am - Halsey, OR
Cottage cheese. Vegetarian meats. Beans. I have been loving Indian food lately and alot of them have garbanzo beans or are vegetarian. Hope you find something that you can swallow.
Tami   "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

ochikezie
on 4/12/12 8:20 pm - Essex, MD
If all else fails, you could always fall back on your protien shakes, I drank Muscle milk for the first couple of weeks of my first pregnancy because I couldnt keep anything down so I figured I would keep as much of the Protien if nothing else down. Good luck with that I know it is frustrating.
linda.traxler
on 4/13/12 4:39 am - Laßnitzhöhe, Austria
In the first trimester I had lots of trouble eating as well.  No appetite, dumping and things even getting stuck again!  I went back to protein shakes and cottage cheese and other milk products for quite a few weeks.

Hope it doesn't last too long for you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views