Time goes by so slowly

jana_m_dowler
on 4/14/12 9:27 am - Rockport, WV

Hey gals!

I haven't posted for awhile. Have been really busy at work training a new girl and thats usually when I get on here.LOL  I supposedly ovulated this past tuesday the 10th. My hubby and I got it on Monday Tuesday and Wednesday for good measure. I did use First Response OPK and I even put my bum on some pillows for like 30 minutes afterwards to help out gravity.  I'm a little concerned tho and I am seeking some advice on whether this happened to any of you all.

I used OPK Sunday evening. It just had the single pink line like it should have. Well Monday evening I checked again and it had a faint 2nd pink line like something was starting. So we did it :)  Tuesday evening I checked again. Pale 2nd pink line again. Ugh WTF I know I have to be close to ovulating because of my body signs (you know lubrication)  So we did it again :)  Wednesday I checked again and the same. So I don't know what is going on. I'm just wondering if my hormones are not strong enough to show the surge of ovulating. I guess we will find out around the 22 or 23rd.  My nipples are a little sensitive right now but I can't count on that. If no luck this time I have an appt on May 3 with my obgyn. The suspense is killing me. Thanks in advance for your time at reading this and any response.

Jana

jhpby
on 4/14/12 3:12 pm - Oshawa, Canada
I also have been using opk's for a couple of months now. Are you positive you ovulated? With the ones I use the test line had to be darker then the control line (line on the left darker than the one on the right) in order for it to be positive. T here were times where the lines were so close but it was still negative. I would just reread the info book inside the box to confirm what a positive looks like.

Good luck with trying!
HW- 343     CW- 266.4  SW- 314                                        My  is suberman!       

Nikki M.
on 4/14/12 4:50 pm
A lot of women will have a pale second line because they have some Lutenizing Hormone in their system all the time. The test line has to be as dark or darker than the control line to signify impending ovulation. Once you get that dark line it means that ovulation will happen within 24-48 hours. I would keep taking the ovulation tests until you see that dark line! You can buy them at the dollar store for $1, or you can order them online at Amazon.com for about $11 for a pack of 50.
Good luck!

Lapband 8/2007. Revised to VSG 10/2010.... 170 pounds lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

jana_m_dowler
on 4/15/12 1:37 am - Rockport, WV
Yeah I read the directions fully. I checked it Thursday morning and there was nothing but the control line. Its pretty much wait and see now I think. Thanks for the feedback.
I cant believe that you are already 21 weeks. That is awesome! I am very happy for you

Jana
Nikki M.
on 4/15/12 3:35 am
Thanks Jana :) Its pretty crazy to be over half way done baking!

There is an excellent book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility. I didn't know any of the ins and outs until I read that book! Then of course my stint with fertility treatment put it all into practice! It was really nice though because I knew what my RE was talking about and I was able to ask questions etc. because I had read that book! I got mine used on Amazon. It really is worth the read :)

It is pretty crazy how complex things are!

Lapband 8/2007. Revised to VSG 10/2010.... 170 pounds lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1225 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 852 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views