New to this forum: 11 months post-VSG and surprise!

LittleMissSunshine
on 4/17/12 11:50 am
So this should be interesting ;).

I just took the home test on Monday, have my initial OB appointment on May 4th.  This is my 2nd pregnancy (my son will be 6 next month), but my first with a tiny tummy.

Any of you post-op pregnancy veterans have any words of wisdom for what kind of nutritional goals I'll need to hit, tips on hitting them, continuing (or not?) to lose while pregnant?  I still have about 100lbs to go, so nowhere near goal.  I'm hoping that it'll be possible to lose at a slow, steady rate at least in the beginning through smart choices and exercise, but if not, c'est la vie... baby comes first.

Thanks in advance for any advice! :)

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

pzapata1120
on 4/18/12 12:39 am - CA

I'm 1 year post-VSG and 3 months pregnant. 

I have not lost a single pound since i found out i had a lil jelly bean inside of me.  in fact, i have already gain 6 lbs.  I'm not too worried about it though.  i just want my baby to be healthy and for this pregnancy to run smoothly.  Upon reading a few other forums and a couple replay's from a few post i sent, it seems that the weight falls off fairly quickly after birth.  Have you talked to your surgeon yet?  I see mine on Friday and I'm nervous of his reaction.  Oops doc, sorry!

Zee Starrlite
on 4/18/12 12:39 am
I just wanted to say "hi" sleeve sister!  And congratulations!!!  You will do just fine.

I definitely think about you from time to time.  You used to post so much in the beginning.  I totally get you though  I have dropped off of posting too.  I have certainly not reached goal neither but I am going to.  And hey, I'd rather be preggo!!!!

Take good care of yourself.  You certainly do not need to eat like a lunatic and get back were you were.  Just get in good nutritious foods - what your body needs for your baby because the baby will take what it needs no matter what so stay on top of things.

I wish you all the very best.  You will have a good and healthy pregnancy and baby.

May God Bless,
Zee

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

LittleMissSunshine
on 4/18/12 4:58 am
Thanks, pza! I haven't seen my surgeon yet, won't until next month when I hit the 1 year mark... I know he won't be happy since he wants patients to wait until 18 months out to even start thinking about trying (I'll be about 8 mos pregnant then).  Ah well!  I'll get there... it's just going to take longer.

ZEE!! Good to see you! Yeah, I haven't been around much... fell off the wagon pretty hard, but on the upside, I haven't gained anything back despite slipping back into old habits.  I'm actually grateful for this pregnancy in that it's forcing me to "be good" again... I'm back to tracking food, making sure I'm hitting protein goals, being religous with vitamins, etc. All I have to do is get the exercise back on track and I'll be in decent shape (provided I'm able to avoid morning sickness this time... I didn't with my son, so fingers crossed that this time is different!).

Are you pregnant too?

Zee Starrlite
on 4/20/12 12:42 am
You will get to goal and it is great that your pregnancy is pushing you to be on track again.  You should stay linked in.  There are a couple of lovely sleevers on this forum.

And no, I'm not preggo YET .  I have to wait to get a few more things in order and hopefully in that time I'll be the fittest momma.

(((BIG HUGS)))

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/12 5:25 am - Woodbridge, VA
I was more than 2 years out from surgery when I got pregnant, but when I found out I was pregnant, I buckled down with my eating. I did not limit calories, but I ate low in carbs, high in protein, unlimited fat, no soy, so artificial sweeteners, and no junk. The only carbs I got were primarily from dairy, nuts, non-starchy veggies, and a little fruit. I lost about 12 pounds during my first trimester even though my weight had been stable for many months prior to becoming pregnant. I now have a 3.5-week-old perfectly healthy baby boy who was born 3 days before his due date (so pretty darn accurate due date!) at 7 pounds 11 ounces.
USAF Wife
on 4/20/12 9:36 pm
Congrats!

I'm 14.5 weeks into my 2nd post-VSG pregnancy, Tatum is only 5.5 months old.

I ate the prescribed 1700-1800 calories per day with 100gr of carbs, 100gr of protein and at least 96oz of clear fluids during the pregnancy. Since you still have weight to lose, you might not gain much at all. The baby will take from your body what it needs. I did gain 35lbs in my pregnancy, lost 25lbs within 4-5 weeks of Tatum's arrival, she was born 6 days before her due date, 2 days before my scheduled csection, and weighed in 7lbs 4.9oz, perfectly healthy.

I had just started working out again and low carbing when I popped positive on a test. So I started this pregnancy about 10lbs heavier than my last and to date, I've already gained 7-8 pounds. I have the same calorie/carb/protein goals per my ob. This pregnancy is vastly different thus far. I have all day, random "nausea", I can not puke to save my life so I just have to suffer through the dizziness, the gross sweats and the disgusting need to puke but can't feeling. My cravings are more extreme thus far and all I want is candy, cakes, cookies, anything sweet.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

LittleMissSunshine
on 4/23/12 5:35 am
Congratulations on expecting #2!! :)

Thanks, this is definitely helpful! I don't see my OB until 5/4, so I'll follow these guidelines until then... I've been consistently hititng 1800 calories and 100g of carbs since finding out (I typically go through 3-4 32oz Nalgene bottles of water daily anyway).  I've only gained about 3lbs so far, which is about what I usually expect when Aunt Flo is due, so not a big deal.

I'll keep y'all posted :).

Could_It_Be
on 4/25/12 1:41 pm
 Congrats Miss Sunshine!!! I remember following you just after your surgery, I totally appreciated the pics of your incisions!! I was so curious and a couple weeks from surgery and your pics put my mind to ease!!

Congrats on your surprise!! 

VSG on 6/22/11
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1225 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 853 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views