Sad.... Not sure what to think.....

kristeninoc
on 5/17/12 9:44 pm - Santa Ana, CA
Hi.  I have posted a few times on here about trying to get pregnet after RNY post op 18 months... So we had a positive test on May 1st. Last period on April 1st. Kept track of all the dates very well because we were tracking all of it to try to "make a girl".  That should put us in the middle of week 7.... But had my exam yesterday, as well as ultrasound.  Dr saw fetal pole but no heart beat... I have to go back in 7 days to check.... I feel so bad we  already told our 12 & 5 year old sons :( I am trying  not to worry about it but can't help it.  The Dr was also extreemly pecimestict about the entire pregnancy becuse of having RNY & having a back condition, acted like we were nuts for doing this.... Feeling really down!!

windowsdown
on 5/17/12 11:55 pm
RNY on 11/02/10 with
I totally feel your pain. With my first pregnancy (before WLS) the doctors looked at me like your too fat, you're a diabetic, you have fibroids....etc...etc.. They looked at me like why did you get pregnant! It was heartbreaking...no one said Congrats. And even though that pregnancy ended in miscarriage; it still would've been nice to have had a more supportive medical team.
But try not to worry it's still early! Finger crossed for you next week. In the meantime you might want to start looking into another doctor. Pregnancy can be stressful enough; no one needs the added negativity.
bittybabynurse
on 5/18/12 4:00 am - MN
Sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts your way. I have 3 angels that I lost in the first trimester. I've heard stories where mamas go back and there is a heartbeat, so don't lose hope. I agree about finding another doc. You don't need that kind of attitude, now or later.
Highest  272 Consult 265 Goal 165 Current 158    

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker]
kristeninoc
on 5/18/12 4:48 am - Santa Ana, CA
Thanks Ladies.  I agree & will not be seeing that Dr again..... I get they all have thier own opinions but he was crazy & stressful!! I guess he had a RNY nightmare with 1 lady who's blood vesels to the new pouch got cut off or too much stress on them from the weight of the baby but thats 1 in how many!! I know things happen but I know that lots of women have gone on to have heathy babies after RNY so trying to take all this with a grain of salt & a better out come next week... Just going to be a long week I guess to wait to see that heart beat.

Paula622
on 5/18/12 5:14 am
Good luck!  I can't imagine waiting a whole week while not knowing.  Here's hoping it goes quickly!

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

megaflu
on 5/18/12 7:34 am - Bedford, PA
Hugs to you.  I really do know your pain.  I still have 1 more week to go before the internal ultrasound.  My crazy quack did an external with an old machine at my 8 week apt. and found the baby but not the heartbeat and is making me wait 2 weeks.  At least mine isn't pessimistic about my pregnancy.  I'll keep sending you prayers your way.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Chickenboob
on 5/25/12 10:20 pm - Rockland, Canada
The heart beat develops in weeks 7-8. so if your ovulation date is off by one or two days, it may just be too early to have been able to see. Also some techs are not as good in early pregnancy scans. If your dr isn't supportive, find one who is. Are you with a high-risk OB? If not get one.

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

kristeninoc
on 5/28/12 10:30 am - Santa Ana, CA
Thanks to everyone for the kind words... Def a rough week BUT UPDATE!! The NEW Dr found a heartbeat so we are all good.  Thanks again!!

amystimetoshine
on 6/1/12 5:11 am - Pleasant Hill, CA
YAY!!!!!   Congratulations!!!! I had a really good feeling about it!   Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!!!  I am almost there... 37 weeks and really ready to meet my little girl.   :-)   Amy

HW 319   SW  277  CW 180  GW 169
aligat
on 6/3/12 2:34 pm - West Chicago, IL
 In my pregnancy we were not able to see the heart beat until 8 or nine weeks.  They actually though I miscarried because I was originally pregnant with triplets.  They were getting ready to do a DNC on me and dr. did another blood test, and hcg levels were rising.  We had an ultra sound at another hospital and there was my little peanut heart beating strong.  Remeber your body is different, no two are a like.  Scar tissue, to much belly fat, or excess skin can make it hard to see.  You could have also got a bad tech.  

Just hold on, and don't start think negative yet.  Everything could be just fine, and you are stressing your little peanut!  Good luck and you are in my prays.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1213 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 845 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1307 views