When did you start your baby on fruits??

boomsheeka01
on 5/30/12 7:47 am - Killeen, TX
Hey ladies I am just curious to know when you started to give your baby fruits. I already give Silas oatmeal, rice and veggies. I want to do fruits, but I'm not sure if its too early for the sugar. He will be 6 months next week. Thanks!!!
   Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

LogansMommy
on 5/30/12 10:16 am - Marietta, GA
I started Logan on fruits @6 months. Formula or Cereal was not enough; he was so hunger! I understand you are worried about sugar, buy the ones with no sugar added or make your own. I think it is Beechnut that is the one with no added sugar...
I will be getting a baby bullet if I have another baby! Logan says it is a must! He watches too much TV.
Hugs to you Channel!
Cheri

Paula622
on 5/30/12 12:11 pm
I introduce fruits right along with veggies.  Liam loves his bananas!  I make a lot of my own baby food, and I honestly dont think the fruits are any sweeter than squash or sweet potatoes.

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/12 11:24 pm - Woodbridge, VA
I plan to start foods in addition to formula anywhere from 4-8 months (based on how he acts around food). I also plan to skip cereals and grains completey and keep fruits to a bare minimum and probably hold off on them until he's been eating veggies and some protein for a while first. With my history of obesity and type 2 diabetes, I don't want to start him off on lots of carbs  :(
rthomas
on 5/31/12 12:35 pm - bham, AL
Give him fruit!!! He likes the oatmeal??? Have you gave him barley too??? Hey Silas!!!
USAF Wife
on 5/31/12 9:45 pm
I started fruits and veggies simultaneously, and all that talk about babies wanting fruits over veggies has not been our experience, nor was the experience I had with my 14 yr old son. Both of my kiddos prefer veggies over fruits. Tatum has been on cereal since she was 2 months old, and we started fruits/veggies at 4 months, and now she eats 3 solid meals a day in addition to her 4 bottles. She just turned 7 months old yesterday.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

plusizedbarbie
on 6/1/12 12:11 pm - Manahawkin, NJ
right around 5-6 months. 
MY WLS RECIPE BLOG!  -- Check it out http://plusizedbarbie.blogspot.com/

Lilypie - (vbmr)    Lilypie - (fb9N)

Changed for good
                            ...september 17, 2007...

Amberlee2002
on 6/2/12 12:22 pm - Skowhegan, ME
Now see i am having a hard time with it all when i tryed it few time she get really fuss that day and the next day so i am so lost on what to do next as i am scard.... she is 6 months 1 week
 can anyone help me out as well..

she only eat 5oz every 3 hours and sleep all night long as well

when i tryed it was with rice ceral and veg or fruits and it was just a few bit and i mean Few .....

thanks all for any help too

Amber R   Befor Surgery 379/Surgery day 369/Current 225

Lilypie - (cQ91)

(deactivated member)
on 6/2/12 11:22 pm - Woodbridge, VA
If she doesn't want to eat yet, don't try to force it. Wait until she's ready. Until they are 1 year old, it's still recommended they get their actual nutrition from breastmilk and/or formula, and foods eaten beyond that are "extra."

Is she still growing at a healthy rate? If so, I wouldn't worry.
sjburt1
on 6/10/12 1:34 pm
If you're buying baby food, none of it has added sugar. It is important to have fruit! I started Margaret on cereal at 4 months and went from that to veggies. Every 3-5 days (depending what it was) she got a new food. She is now 10 months and eats almost everything we eat (and has for a couple months)! She has a hard time chewing steak and pork chops. You aren't going to ruin him by giving him fruit. You want him to try as much as possible now so when he starts refusing foods you'll know you gave him a good head start. Once he gets going on fruits, you can start puffs (which he'll love to feed himself) and all kinds of fun stuff! I love that I can take "trail mix" wherever we go and if she needs to eat, it's just as good as lunch or breakfast. Trail mix includes cheerios with puffs, yogurt melts (walmart brand is pretty tasty), or freeze dried fruit. Sometimes more than one thing, but you get the idea. I also only give her water or formula because they don't need juice, especially if they eat fruit. Good luck!
Stephanie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1226 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 853 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views