Hi.. DS'er here that needs some help!

galla1
on 6/12/12 11:35 pm
 So we just found out last night.. I'm pretty scared.. Happy but scared! I just need some help or advice from other mommas that have been there done that! Thanks so much

SW 314-- CW 170-- GW 155   HT 5'7"  I love my DS !!
mardigrascorndog
on 6/14/12 8:55 am - New Orleans, LA
 Just had my sweet DS baby boy 2weeks ago. He is fine, but small. Gaining weight was a challenge during my pregnancy. I had lots of ultrasounds and testing throughout the pregnancy, not only because of DS, but I'm 41 years old also. Everything was fine with pregnancy until last two months. There was concern about my lack of weight gain even though I was eating. I don't want to scare you, since you are already concerned. I'm happy to share more details with you. I think most important thing is to have a good OB and perinatologist who will listen and learn a bit about the DS and to really work at eating high calorie foods if you are having trouble gaining. Toward the end I was drinking 1000 calorie smoothies. Pm me if you would like, I'm happy to talk to you in person if you would like to.
Michele
HW 246 SW 229 CW126 GW130 

carriemeaway
on 6/16/12 11:55 am - Spanaway, WA
I am 24 weeks and had my DS looks like about 3 weeks before you. So far things have been acceptable. I have to eat all of the time. I lost 11-ish pounds at first and have put back on some of that. My labs are really good so far and for that I am so grateful. At my anatomy scan our little one was measuring long but skinny. So I go back in July to check up on her weight and see if she's on the same curve or if she has fallen off.

So far other than just trying to eat as much as I can it has been pleasantly uneventful. It is REAL easy to try and add in the wrong kind of carbs because your baby definitely needs carbs. And you will gain with the wrong kind of carbs but it's not the type of weight you want to be gaining. Just take care of yourself as well pregnant as you have post-op. 

And Congrats! :)
HW     -   SW    -    CW     -  GW
361  357  237 

galla1
on 6/17/12 5:55 am
 Congrats to you also.. Thanks for the input..I tried to be your friend .. I would like to stay in contact if your okay with that.. I could friend you? 
Diana N.
on 6/17/12 9:46 pm - Mechanicsburg, PA
I am also a DSer who is preggo. 21 weeks along and gaining weight which scares the **** out of me, so I think I have to up the protein and stop the carb cravings, although easier said than done. I lost 200 lbs and am 4 years out and just hit the 200 mark. The dr isn't worried but I am! Baby girl is measuring right on at 13 oz and everything is perfect!

So far my labs are good and i feel great, but the weight thing is very scary since zi was heavy my whole life.

Good Luck to you!
baby development pregnancy calendar
ksallen928
on 7/7/12 11:35 am
Feeling the same worries and fears. 25 weeks and feeling like a house. I did't gain any weight the first trimester but then in the last few weeks it's like I can't stop eating and I've now gained 17lbs. It seems to be all baby although he was measuring right on at the last ultrasound. Worried my DS is broken and that I'm going to be fat again after the baby.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1318 views