Intro-Long

Rekeca
on 6/26/12 12:26 am - NC
Hey just wanted to introduce my self, I had VSG 09/14/11 and I have lost about 65 pounds. Which put me about 15 more pounds that i want to lose. I changed my goal from 130 to 150 because I already look as small as I want to look the only thing i need to lose is some stomach, which it seems like it want go any where. I am currently ok with where i am weight wise. I have been stable at this weight for about 4 months. My husband and I have decided to try to conceive. I have two adopted daughters ages 6 & 8.  We consulted the Dr and because of me being stable and my as they call it, because I am of advanced maternal age (38, I will be 39 next month) we want to get the ball rolling.  I tried 50mg of clomid last month for the first time. The medication did what it was suppose to do and It produced one follicle so we followed up with a shot of ovidrel, sadly it didn't result in pregnancy. Yesterday I went to my dr to see if the clomid worked this month and to get my shot of ovidrel but there was no follicle so again a bust for this month as well. Sigh. My reg dr was out so I saw the NP and she said she is going to confer with my reg dr today to see if they want to increase the clomid for next month. She said there shouldn't be any reason I shouldn't become pregnant because they have performed all sorts of test and there is nothing wrong with me. I also took the dreaded HSG Test which was not a pleasant experience at all.  So now I am just waiting for the Call from the Dr to see what our course of action will be for next month.
I also asked the Dr if my cycle had anything to do with things not happening because most people I talk to cycle averages about every 28-30 days and mine comes every 23-24 days for the last 4 months. She said it could be an issue that they will  have to keep a watch on it. What do you guys think? Any way please keep me in your prayers and I will in turn pray for you. Thanks, Cherise

(deactivated member)
on 6/26/12 1:17 am
Good luck, I hope you catch a sticky egg soon!!! I used to have normal 28 day cycles before surgery and now i too have shorter cycles. They range from 22-26 days. We are also ttc , here is to praying that we are blessed with a baby!
Rekeca
on 6/26/12 1:32 am - NC
I hope we both get a sticky egg soon. Good luck to you.

jana_m_dowler
on 6/26/12 5:12 am - Rockport, WV
That just means you have to do the baby dancing more  

The first time I got pregnant I was on a short cycle like that. So it can happen. Also my cousin had a baby at 40 and her daughter is perfectly healthy and she had a good pregnancy.

I had that hsg test last month and I know what you are saying. It was so painful for me. They found that my left tube was blocked. Fortunately my right one was perfect and we just found out we were pregnant.  I think that test helped me concieve. So maybe it will do the same for you. I know what it is like to have issues with ttc. We miscarried January of last year and nothing since now.  Just try to keep your head up.  I know easier said than done

Jana
Nikki M.
on 6/26/12 10:23 am
Welcome to the board Cherise!
Sometimes a shorter than normal cycle can indicate a luteal phase defect (basically where progesterone drops early and the uterine lining starts to shed before the egg has a chance to full implant.) It sounds like your doctors have an eye on it. Taking progesterone supplements is an easy way to stretch the luteal phase long enough to allow for implantation.
I have also had an HSG (due to a previous ectopic pregnancy) and tried several rounds of clomid. My baby ended up being the product of injectable meds and an IUI.
I wish you great success in the near future with TTC!
Nikki

Lapband 8/2007. Revised to VSG 10/2010.... 170 pounds lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

jessicae
on 6/26/12 11:45 am
 I usually just lurk on this board since i'm not actively trying yet, but since we are so close with surgery dates wanted to say hello.  having a baby was my major reason for surgery.  i have my year appointment in september with the surgeon and am hoping he will give me the go ahead (he tends to say 18 months but i'm hoping that begging him will work).  i'm being proactive and had my primary care physician give me a lab slip for all the pre-conception hormones (day 3 fsh, prolactin, lh, estradiol) and will to OPK's next cycle to make sure i can get an accurate progesterone reading.  my progesterone seems to be low and has never been over 10 unmedicated.  

i tried clomid with ovidrel for a few months but didn't respond well to it and femara worked a little better for me (had 3 mature follies).  did some injectibles and iui's but didn't work, hence the surgery.  

hoping your wait here is short and you have a positive test soon! 

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

Rekeca
on 6/27/12 5:48 am - NC
Thanks for all of your well wishes and Nikki I will definitely do a little more research on theluteal phase. All this stuff is so new to me.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1224 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 852 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1315 views