Gaining Weight

MsAReed86
on 7/15/12 5:55 am - IL
Hey ladies,
Its been a while since I've posted so here's a quick update and a few questions. So I had RNY on July 12, 2011 and then found out I was pregnant in December. Even being pregnant I was able to go from 312lbs (surgery weight) to 192lbs a total of 120lbs weight loss in a year. I am now currently 31 weeks pregnant and was really lucky not to gain any weight until the last 2 weeks when I gained a total of 7lbs, I know that this is the time that the baby gains most of its weight but I'm really scared to get back over 200lbs and even more scared that I won't be able to lose it after having my son. I've definitely found that I am hungry more and can eat more on top of the fact that I've craved sugar my whole pregnancy which isn't good since it doesn't give me dumping syndrome since I've been pregnant.
Whats the most that you all have gained being pregnant? When did you gain the majority of your weight? For those of you who have already had your babies, how hard was it for you to lose the weight after giving birth?
I find myself getting that fat persons complex where I want to go on a diet but I know that I have to make sure that the baby gets what he needs.

Nikki M.
on 7/15/12 6:07 am
Keep in mind its normal to gain weight, especially so late in the pregnancy. There is a lot of extra blood and fluid involved which is heavy. Also keep in mind that you will likeyly lose 20+ pounds automatically once the baby is born. I'm starting to gain more now at the end of my pregnancy too, and it is psychologically difficult. But I know its best for baby and I intend to take it off once he gets here! Healthy baby, healthy momma! :)

Lapband 8/2007. Revised to VSG 10/2010.... 170 pounds lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

L2D
on 7/16/12 10:39 pm - Canada
I'm 26 weeks and have gained 10 lbs so far. I had a heart attack a few weeks ago when I stepped on a scale that WASN'T my Dr's scale and said I had gained 16lbs...but I am only going by my Dr's scale and as of yesterday, I've gained 10....so don't feel too bad!! lol

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Theresa B.
on 8/2/12 10:56 am - Potterville, MI

I have gained about 15 lbs and i'm almost 17 weeks. It's freaking me out, the crazy thing is I'm not eating any differently than I did pre-prego! My first 2 children were pre-op 1st one I only gained 27 lbs and lost 50lbs, my second one I gained 37 lbs and lost 30  and gained quite a bit back. I am super nervous about this one especially being my third, i'm hopeful the weight gain will slow down a little bit. I was very very sick around 13-14 weeks not eating (only Zofran), etc didn't lose any weight.  

HW/325 SW/ 293 CW/ 175  GW/ 150  5'8

On my way to a healthy life..... One Step at a time
USAF Wife
on 8/3/12 10:48 pm
I gained 35lbs with my pregnancy last year. Within 4-5 weeks, I dropped 25 of those pounds.

I'm 7 months pregnant again and have already gained 24lbs, but haven't gained any weight in 6 weeks.

I had no issue losing weight post-delivery. I was holding onto 10lbs of "baby weight" and then popped positive again. My 2 littles will be less than a year apart in age. I have no doubt that I'll get back down to maintenance weight of 130lbs. It may take me a bit longer with back to back pregnancies, but I'll do it. AND, you can too!
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1224 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 852 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1315 views