It's been a long time! quick update! pics

plusizedbarbie
on 7/19/12 4:03 am - Manahawkin, NJ
Hi ladies, haven't been on this board in forever.  Having 2 kids is challenging and I'm tired 24/7 lol.

Elliot is 5 months now!  He's a whopping 19 lbs 13 oz despite having severe acid reflux.  He is proving to be a difficult little man.  At 8 weeks he was admitted to the children's hospital near us for the entire week of Easter for RSV and pneumonia.  He was a nano second away from being intubated, spent the whole time in the ICU and was put on optiflow nasal cannula oxygen and was hooked up to every monitor possible.  It was terrible, he barley moved, was hardly awake, was SO ill, it was horrible.  Sage was not allowed to visit him so my mom and russ took off work and helped and juggled both kids.  At around day 5 in the hospital he started wanting to eat and was looking so much better.  Now he suffers from asthma and we are working with his GI dr now to see if he may be aspirating the acid and formula he refluxes.  His pain from reflux has gotten way better with the use of prevacid and zantac but they think the acid thats still coming up might be damaging his vocal cords.  They are confident he will grow out of the acid reflux hopefully around a year but the RSV could have damaged his lungs for life, but we are controlling it with nubulizer treatments daily.  other than his medical problems, he is thriving.  He is so smart! recognizes his name, reaches, grabs, sits unassisted, army crawls, stands holding on to furniture, he is a solid little guy.  We started him a little earlier on solids because of the reflux and eats cereals and fruits and veggies! he's such a little love and I am SO happy to have a mommas boy :)

Sage is now 26 months and is a little crazy, sweet mommys girl.  she's a tiny 28 lbs and is now potty trained!  She is a little too smart for her own good, can count to 15, knows her ABC's and can out sing anyone when it comes to "twinkle twinkle little star."  She is all about her gymboree classes and library story time, and she can recite every word to toy story 3 LOL.  She loves to dance, and will dance anywhere she can including but not limited to, the back of the car, the grocery store and the living room coffee table. She LOVES her little brother and fondly calls him "ellie" she likes to tell him to "shh, be quiet, knock it off, wake up, and i love you."  Unfortunately she has to get surgery beginning of august for a hernia repair.  We were told it was an umbilical hernia and it would heal itself however we just found out its a different kind of hernia that needs to be surgically fixed.  I am confident she will do just fine, although she is a very sensitive little girl.

I am doing well, need to lose 2 babies worth of baby weight, which is about 50 lbs.  I need to start eating well again, right now I hardly eat during the day because I'm too busy, then i eat crap when the kids are asleep. that needs to stop lol.

heres the good stuff

MY WLS RECIPE BLOG!  -- Check it out http://plusizedbarbie.blogspot.com/

Lilypie - (vbmr)    Lilypie - (fb9N)

Changed for good
                            ...september 17, 2007...

windowsdown
on 7/19/12 5:22 am
RNY on 11/02/10 with
Simply adorable!!! Thanks for the update; its good to hear from you. Sorry about Elliot's medical issues but glad he is doing better. Praying for a fast recovery for his big sis, Sage.
Nikki M.
on 7/19/12 1:58 pm
It's great to see an update from you Karen! Your adorable family is more adorable than ever! Geez Sage looks older, and so does Elliot! He looks just like his daddy!
Sorry to hear about the health scares you went through with the baby. I hope the asthma and reflux situation continues to improve.
Take care!
Nikki

Lapband 8/2007. Revised to VSG 10/2010.... 170 pounds lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunshine16
on 7/20/12 8:15 pm
Simply adoreable.  Thank you for sharing....I want to have my own kids(s) soon.

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

USAF Wife
on 7/20/12 8:55 pm
Awww what a gorgeous family! ! ! Beautiful babies. . .

On the reflux, we struggled for 7 exhausting months with Tatum, puking constantly, cereal bottles, solids with cereal, Zantac everything under the sun.

NOTHING, I mean nothing was working, propping her to sleep, it was wretched. I decided to seek alternative treatment via a chiropractor who works with children. Low and behold, 3 adjustments over a one month period and her reflux is completely resolved, she's thriving, not puking and is a happy camper. No longer on any medications. Just thought I would share. Her "flapper" at the top of her stomach was not closing completely. The cereal bottles helped, but we were having to do 2ounces of cereal to 1 ounce of Alimentum formula and least to say, she was still spitting up. I was at a loss and crying to her peds that something else had to be done. He had no solution. I was so angry. 2 of my friends suggested the chiro adjustments, I was super skeptical, but after 7 months of her being miserable, and me crying because I smelled like puke constantly, was constantly feeding her, I took her in. First adjustment was about 60% improvment, next adjustment 1 week later we had about 85-90% improvment and with the 3rd adjustment 2 weeks later, she doesn't spit up at all. It's been 2 months since we started seeing the chiro,, and she's been reflux free since the 3rd visit.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Sarah V.
on 7/23/12 3:29 am
Awww...they're so cute. Sage sounds very similar to Ruby. She's also quite the little songstress and Twinkle Twinkle is her signature song.

Ruby was a reflux baby and it is SO HARD. It's more than just spitting up a lot. For Ruby it wasn't fully resolved until 12 months although it started getting better around 10 months. Thank goodness for Prevacid! We tried Chiropractic and it did not work for Ruby but I've heard lots of success stories. It might be worth trying.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views