Dev

linda.traxler
on 8/6/12 4:29 am - Laßnitzhöhe, Austria
was just thinking about you and wondering how you are all doing.... Hope everything is continuing to go well!
Dev *.
on 8/13/12 11:54 am - Austin, TX
 Thanks for thinking of us!
Aran got to come home on August 1st. So far, everything seems to be going just fine. We won't have a follow-up with cardiology until August 24th. In the meantime, there's no way to know from the outside what his heart is doing since he never had any symptoms even when he was having v-tach. I have to just trust that the medication is continuing to work well.

That said, he is one cranky little man! I did not realize how easy my first baby was until I got this one! Rowan was never a big screamer, but Aran certainly is. Diaper changes are apparently done on a bed of nails and when he is hungry, he seems to think his stomach is going to eat itself. And should you try chagning a diaper WHILE he is waiting for his food, you have started world war III! We get the same level of meltdown for clothing changes, getting in the car seat (though he's usually OK once we get going), gas, burps, or just being startled.

On the plus side, he's a good sleeper! He likes his 3 hour naps and usually goes 4 hours between feedings at night.

Photobucket

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

linda.traxler
on 8/15/12 1:21 am - Laßnitzhöhe, Austria
He is so beautiful!  Glad to hear things are going well!!  The human body is truly amazing.. the things it can go through without symptoms. 

His temper or as we say in German 'temperament' would be seen here in Austria as a GREAT indicator of his health!  The fussier a baby is, the stronger it is... at least that's what they think here.  (I think they forget what it's like at 3am in the freaking morning to have a screaming kid though!!  Lol! )

Anyway, glad things are going well.... sounds like the bad stuff is all behind you!

We're doing well here, have had to start supplementing though.. my little guy dropped to 10th percentile... he's too active for his own good and I think was burning every breast milk calorie he got!  He's chunking up already, so now 60% BFing, 40% formula... or so.  We're all off to the states next week and on to Disneyworld!  God help me!!!!  : )

Take good care!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1214 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 845 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1307 views