2 yrs post op & pregnant! I'm scared of gaining weight!

Shontel Kirby
on 9/12/12 12:20 pm - Wilmington, NC
Hello, Im 2 years post op and 7 weeks pregnant.  My husband & I have been planning to have another child forever.  We have a 9yr old son.  Im 37 yrs old and down 140 pounds.  I definitely more healthy now than I was when we had our first child.  However; I'm scared! Yes I am! I'm scared of the weight gain.  I know I have to gain weight for the baby, but I'm terrified. 

Please OH friends lend me your advice on this feeling I have.  Did any of you feel this way?

Thanks
Shontel
Paula622
on 9/13/12 6:17 am
Relax, I think everyone feels this way (even those who haven't had wls).  We spend so much of our lives trying to lose weight, that it seems really scary to be gaining "on purpose".  Just make sure you're eating a healthy balance, and the doctor will let you know if you're gaining too much, too little, etc.  If the scale is causing you anxiety, try to avoid it a bit and just weigh in at your prenatal appointments. 

Good luck!

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

Shontel Kirby
on 9/14/12 1:08 pm - Wilmington, NC
Thanks so much for your response.  You are so right, I've spent most of my life trying to loose weight and now that I'm a good size I don't want to leave it.  I will try to avoid the scale as much as I can.  I will keep a check on making sure Im not gaining too much too fast.

Thanks a million!
Time_for_Monica
on 9/13/12 7:54 am - Levittown, NY
 Hi and congrats!! I'm about in the same boat as you. I am 2 years and 6 months post op and am 14 weeks and 4 days pregnant with TWINS!!! I have lost a total of 131 pounds since my Gastric Bypass which came with a lot of complications, a second surgery to loosen the stitches on my pouch, and a hospital stay of over a month. . .so I have had it a little rough and to think about gaining my weight back does scare me. . .of course it will scare us. Thats normal. We went through a life changing life or death surgery to get where we are now. BUT right now the most important thing in our lives to think about is our babies and making sure that they are getting the nutrition that they need. I have only gained about 6 pounds so far and I'm going to be 4 months soon so I don' t know if that is too little for twins or not but I feel ok with that. I know that I have the tool to loose the weight again after the babies are born. If we did it once, we can do it again, now that we know how to do it.. . .you know what I mean. I also agree with what Paula said in the previous comment, just make sure that you are eating a healthy diet and if you can and your doctor says that its ok get in some exercise. I can't do my normal routine anymore of boot camp, Zumba, and the late nights at the gym. . .but I can still take my long walks and I am doing it to stay active and healthy for these babies. I wish you the best of luck, and stop worrying PLease!! I know its easier said that done, but just enjoy this time

Lilypie - (kDs2) Lilypie - (Ukoq)                            
  Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Shontel Kirby
on 9/14/12 1:10 pm - Wilmington, NC
Wow! you are so right!  I've been so wrapped up in to being scared that I haven't given thought that I really need to focus on the right nutrition etc. for my baby.  I will continue to walk and drink lots of water along with my vitamins.  I will try to not worry so much and go with the flow.

Thanks for your advice, I needed that :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1213 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 845 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1307 views