Pregnancy and Unfilling Lapband/Realize Band

cryspyx
on 10/27/12 4:01 am - Hartford, CT

if you're pregnant with the lapband/realize band system, do they take all the restriction out at once, a bit at a time, or do they leave some restriction in? does it depend on what you want or does it depend on your particular surgeon? just curious.

jana_m_dowler
on 10/29/12 3:47 am - Rockport, WV

I trust my surgeon completely and he is one of the best. He took out all of my fluid so that I get enough in. Also the bigger the uterus gets it will press up on our stomachs and make it harder for us to eat. I have been doing great so far with my fluid being out. I have gained 10 pounds so far in my pregnancy. We just have to remember to eat smart

Dev *.
on 10/30/12 2:20 am - Austin, TX

With my first pregnancy I had only a slight unfill and then we refilled it again once my morning sickness was over. With my second, I never had any morning sickness, so I never had anything taken out. There's no one size its all answer, but you don't HAVE to get unfilled if you don't want to. You can wait and see how you feel. For me, having a fill made a huge difference in my ability to control my weight gain during pregnancy!

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1225 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 852 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views