A year out and pregnant and concerned

hstull1013
on 11/16/12 9:01 pm - AZ

So October 4th was my year out post op mark. Lately I have been extremely tired and falling asleep almost as soon as I get home after work. I had my appointment with my surgeon who suggested my tiredness was likely related to the hours I work and I should be fine. A co-worker of mine and I were talking and she said to me jokingly that I may be pregnant. My husband and I have been using birth control methods so I didnt think it was a possibility but bought a test to be sure. Sure enough I took a test, and its positive. It was very faint but positive. I have proceeded to take 3 more test over the last few days and all the same results positive but faint. I called my OBGYN but can't get in till Nov 26. I am sort of freaking out. I always wanted a child but was under the impression that getting pregnant before 18 months out is very dangerous. I feel like I am walking on pins and needles right now because I don't want to do anything to sabotage this pregnancy. I know miscarriage rates could be high. I am just super nervouse right now which is why I took to this board to see if anyone post op has had a similar experience as mine in terms of becoming pregant before that 18 months out mark? Was the pregnancy successful, baby healthy?

HW-361, SW 349, CW 299, GW 185  *20 lbs lost pre-op diet*
ochikezie
on 11/16/12 9:30 pm - Essex, MD

BREATHE!!!!!!!!!!

I got pregnant with my 1st son @ 4 months out. have had two sons and third on the way all healthy

mrs.berry
on 11/16/12 9:41 pm
Congratulations! My surgeon approved me to start ttc and for pregnancy at my 12 month post op appt but DH and I waited till 18 months post op. there are many women who got pregnant before their year post op and did fine and had healthy pregnancies and babies! you'll be fine! Just do what the drs say and make sure you're eating and drinking plenty of water. Nov 26th will be here before you know it!
RNY Gastric Bypass 1/14/11
SW 276.5
GW 150 - met 12/11!!! 
Pregnant w/ #1 due 4/9/13
Celia S.
on 11/17/12 2:49 am - Grand Junction, CO

I was 5.5 months post op when I found out I was pregnant and so far everything is great. I'm 37.5 weeks pregnant with a very healthy baby boy. My pregnancy has been healthier this time around than my first time around before surgery. I have had no complications whatsoever. The only thing "wrong" is that my baby boy is super stubborn and has been refusing to turn from breech position which has nothing to do with my surgery.

Make sure you take your vitamins religiously (higher miscarriage rates are linked to vitamin deficiency) and EAT! You need healthy carbs and fats back in your diet if you've avoided them up til now. And of course, continue to get plenty of water. You'll be just fine :) Congrats!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1213 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 845 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1307 views