Reintroducing myself with a question

Lizc68
on 11/22/12 8:16 am - Ajax, Canada

Hi all vetrans and new:

I have been away for awhile been really busy with  my rebirth.  my name is Liz and I had rny with Dr. Kam in Michigan 2007.  It is incredibly amazing how you forget the important need for continous support.  I hope you will all accept me back with new questions.  Seems odd at 5 years out but I have recently come across some concerns.  I have been doing great still kept my weight  off but as I am getting older  have to have surgery for my girl parts ( sorry guys).  I have been told by 2 Dr. That I can take NSaids that its not true you can't.  Has something changed in the past 5 years?  Thanks for any advice anyone has.

Height 5' 9" 

nkjanes78
on 11/22/12 9:00 am - Norfolk, VA

I was told by my dr that the reason for no NSAIDs is because they are harsh on your stomach and can cause ulcers. For us with the reduced surface area in our stomach we are at increased risk. It is likely that it will fall in the same place due to the shape and size. My dr also told me that it was ok on occasion. They said take it with milk which will help to coat your stomach and keep it sloshing around once we swallow so it doesn't sit in one spot. He also said to take a Pepcid or Zantac if i do take them. Moral of the story i was told its ok just don't make it a regular thing. I take them every month for my period and he's ok with that.

THE_life10
on 11/22/12 9:45 am
RNY on 03/26/12

Hello. I'm new to the surgery but I have been strictly told no nsaids . period .  my surgeons center and local hospital all have on my charts that im allergic ..im assuming this is because of the surgery . 

Height: 5'9 Hw: 285 Sw: 272  Cw: 167 Surg. goal: 165

1m: -20 2m: :-18 3m:-10

4m:-12 5m:8 6m:-4 7m:-3 8m-10:-28

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1225 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 853 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views