unplanned and fearful

katie G.
on 12/11/12 12:26 am
Im 3 months post op today and 11 wks pregnant. (Def not planned) I go to the clinic today and ob again on monday. The vomiting is starting to subside and i can keep my vitamins down now. Yay! I just cant shake the feeling that im going to go to the ob and find out my lil eggie has stopped developing. My son is 3 1/2 i was 100+ lbs heavier and was complication free... just cant shake the doubtfull feelings this time around... looking forward to hearing a heartbeat but fear the worst.
LeighAnne89
on 12/11/12 1:31 am - KY

I have not yet had a post op baby but in any situation the baby will take whatever it needs from your body even if it means leaving nothing left for you, so I have not doubt that the baby will be fine. As for you I would say bump up your calories about 500 and make sure you are getting in the vitamins you need to support both you and the baby where you can no longer just eat whatever you want. Once again I have not went through it yet but have already researched it to death lol, congrats hun and good luck.

Paula622
on 12/11/12 3:32 am

Just out of curiosity, what type of surgery did you have?

First off, relax, things will most likely turn out just fine.  Our bodies are capable of some pretty amazing things.  You will probably lose weight throughout most, if not all, of your pregnancy.  Although it is not "the norm" it is not a sign that there is anything wrong with the baby.  I'm sure you'll get extra growth ultrasounds, and as long as the baby is on track, it confirms that he/she is getting everything needed from you (even if you can't take it all in).  As for now, I say eat what you can.  If you're nauseous, or having difficulty tolerating certain foods, just eat what you're able to.  Vitamins, water, and protein are all key, so make sure you get as much as possible. 

Definitely not an ideal situation, but a blessing none the less.  Congratulations!

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

Alice P.
on 12/11/12 5:10 am

There are 2 gals in my support group who both got pregnant very quickly after surgery and both had very healthy happy babies!

HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

Stacey D.
on 12/11/12 5:13 am - Harrisonburg, VA

I have seen many woman post on here quick unplanned pregnancies.  Although they may watch you a little close on some things it doesn't mean you are doomed.  Think positive and wish you the best.  All lil beans are precious!  Stacey

Stacey
RNY-10/27/04

katie G.
on 12/11/12 9:25 am
Thank you all for the positive words. I had gastric bypass. Today marks 3 months out. Im not exactly where i thought id be with my lil unexpected surprise and all but im taking it one day, sometimes one bite at a time and feeling blessed for what i have been given. A 2nd chance at health and being a mommy for the second time. I go to the ob in a week ill keep everyone posted!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views