Pregnancy Food Plan

longjourney23
on 12/26/12 10:12 pm

Hey all,

Just found out I am 10 weeks pregnant. Didn't have any symptoms until about 2 weeks ago-constipation and sore boobs. It is funny because a few months ago the hubby and I decided we were extremely happy with life and  done having kids (this is my 3rd pregnancy - have 1 child looking down on us from above and 1 here on earth. Total Shock of BFP but very excited now.  

I have been successful at losing 110lbs and cutting body fat more than 1/2 in 15 months. I am working out 3-4 times a week and will continue to work out during pregnancy as long as doc says ok.  

I was wondering what your eating plans look like.

I have seen my high risk OB (not related to my roux-en-y), he has done bloodwork and an ultrasound. I will be seeing him again Jan 17th for IPS testing-more bloodwork and ultrasound and this is the day I will be meeting with the dietician.

Thanks

SassySamara
on 12/27/12 4:48 am - San Antonio, TX

I try to make sure I eat every hour if I can to keep my stomach full...small snacks and light meals. It helps with the bad nausea I have which leads to fainting or reactive hypoglycemia for me. I just mix and match a lot of the stuff below day to day but try to get in at least 3 good meals and 2 snacks if I can plus lots of fluid. I just recently started allowing myself to have coffee but do half caffeine/half decaf otherwise it is water, juice, or decaf tea. 

Fruits with Greek Yogurt or Cottage Cheese

Veggies with Dip

Beef Jerky

Trail Mix

Cheese and Crackers

Chicken or Egg Salad (sometimes with crackers or in a sandwich)

Hummus with Pita Crisps

Soup and Salad

Grilled Chicken or Steak with Steamed Veggies (You could probably do grilled fish on occasion to but I don't eat seafood)

Pasta or Rice with Veggies or sometimes chicken or meatballs

Wraps....either with lettuce or pita bread

Egg White Omelet with Cheese and Veggies

Lilypie - (8swr) Lilypie - (XAvt)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1225 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 852 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views