Not happy with my self.

AngelNichole
on 1/24/13 12:29 pm - OH
RNY on 02/21/12

All the way up until this month I have done very well with my eating habits and not letting cravings get the best of me ..But Its like All I crave is carbs and Like a fool I've been giving in To Pop Tarts and Gram Crackers with Peanut butter and I eat turkey nachos almost everyday  Ive gained 4 lbs the past 3 days and I am not happy about it I know I need to gain some weight but this has put me at 14 lbs gained and That was my limit my Dr wanted me to not gain any more than that .I tell my self oh its just one time n I wont eat that stuff again n then the next day comes and I do it again!!! I had a binge eating problem before surgury and I thought I had it under control but I obviously don't I need to start going to support groups Because I certainly Do not want to weigh 300 lbs again.. Thanks for listening !

rthomas
on 1/24/13 12:46 pm - bham, AL
Im 23 wks 44 lbs gained
martyreid77
on 1/24/13 1:56 pm - KY

I am 33 weeks and I have gained 27 pounds. Everyone tells me after the baby is born that we wont be able to eat as much as we do now. I feel like I haven't even had surgery sometimes by the way I can eat. Before pregnancy I couldn't eat 3 spoon fulls. lol

God is good!!!    
AngelNichole
on 1/24/13 10:00 pm - OH
RNY on 02/21/12

I feel the same way the other day I ate a whole small chili in one sitting didnt over eat or nothing but I usually only eat a 1/3 of it :(

nkjanes78
on 1/24/13 2:28 pm - Norfolk, VA

I bet that its water retention, the crackers and p'butter are pretty salty and will cause you to retain water

AngelNichole
on 1/24/13 9:59 pm - OH
RNY on 02/21/12

I hope its jus****er lol.. But I Drink like 5 , 16 oz bottels of water a day in hopes to not retain water. And Today I am going back to just strictly protein meals with little to no carbs I was doing awesome with my diet before pregnancy and I feel like im messing everything up I dnt want to eat crap now and not stop when Im not pregnant anymore. I hope everyone Goes back to their pre pregnancy Weights after their baby's!!!! Does anyone has any meal Ideas theyd like to share with me I think one thing that Is the problem is Im running out of Healty food Ideas Before preg I just ate string cheese eggs and chicken or fish and protein shakes now I eat everything but bread and beef or pork

Lianne C.
on 1/24/13 10:52 pm - Garden City, MI
I gained 70+ lbs with my last baby! I gave in to every craving with the thoughts "the baby needs the calories". This time around, I am only giving in every once in a while. I doing better with the weight. You are entitled to slip a bit, but don't make it a habit
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
cryspyx
on 1/24/13 11:28 pm - Hartford, CT

yeah i'm having that problem myself. my doc gav me 10-15 pound weight gain. i'd say i'd have gained about ten of it in the chest, but it's odd, according to their scales i've gained 19 pounds and i'm only sixteen weeks, but my pants aren't any tighter. so i don't get it. though in my defense they use those cruddy weight scales and then don't slide the bars back to zero so they lose their calibrations. i know i've gained some weight, my digital scale at home tells me i've gained 10 pounds, but if i had actually gained the 20 they claim i have, my pants would be snug to the point of almost not fitting. my pants size hasn't changed. ::shrug:: right now i'm fighting the cravings of sweets. never had that issue before. the hardest thing about this has been watching the numbers go up. i know it's going ot happen but it's driving me crazy because i'm not eating huge amounts. i'm still eating my fruits and veggies, with my proteins first, but argh.

Sillycar
on 1/28/13 4:35 am

Cryspyx, I am so happy to have seen someone else in CT on the pregnancy boards. I am in Southbury. HUGE congrats on your pregnancy! My husband and I are still trying-- sigh! Do you go to any support groups? I had my surgery before moving to CT so I don't go to any groups but I do miss it.

Sara S.
on 1/24/13 11:38 pm

1. You need CARBS and so does the baby. It helps with brain and eye development.

2. After you have the baby, your pouch will go back.

3. 14lbs is NOT BAD AT ALL.

4. Try to eat more complex carbs (Fruits, Multi-grains, etc)

I gained 10lbs with my daughter, lost 50lbs after I had her. With my son I gained 25lbs. Lost 72lbs after.

Good Luck. Remember baby health is most important.

Sara

Mom to Haleigh born 04/14/10 and Dylan 05/15/12
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1214 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 845 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1307 views