Introducing myself - Due September 2013

LaToya S.
on 2/13/13 10:02 am - Edwardsville, IL
Hi, my name is LaToya.
I had the VSG 11/20/2011 and recently found out that we are expecting (baby #3). I am concerned because I am still morbidly obese and had started gaining weight before finding out I was pregnant.
Anyone else on here pregnant and had the VSG?

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

Paula622
on 2/13/13 12:41 pm

I had my sleeve done in August of 2010.  Six months out I got pregnant (intentionally).  I was almost at goal/normal BMI and we decided to "see what happens", about a minute later I was pregnant.  I had a super easy pregnancy, no complications or sleeve related concerns.  It was my second pregnancy (first post op) and was in many ways similar to my first, but was overall easier, even with a toddler at home.   I gained about 18 lbs during that pregnancy compared to 22 during my first.  I ate small frequent meals and really tried hard to focus on my protein and water intake.  However, I definitely gave in to cravings and ate plenty of bad along with the good.  I took my vitamins religiously and my levels were always good as a result.  Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great.   I'm hoping to have my second post op pregnancy soon.

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

LaToya S.
on 2/17/13 10:29 am - Edwardsville, IL
Thanks! I am doing pretty well with my vitamins so far!

LaToya

Amy A.
on 2/13/13 11:29 pm - Riceville, TN

Hi!

I had the Sleeve in August 2010 and I am currently expecting my first baby, also due in Sept (the 10th to be exact!) So that is really awesome that we had the same surgery and are due at the same time. I too would still consider myself obese. I am currently 265 and haven't gained any since finding out I was preg. I am really going to try to do my best with eating right and try not to gain much excess. (I say as I eat a red velvet cookie -- hey its Valentines Day!) So far my doc said she sees no reason to classify me as high risk, unless my levels start dropping or i develop gest. diabetes, etc. So that is great!

I hop you have a nice uneventful pregnancy. Keep in touch! I'd like to have a "partner" similar to my situation to go through this with.

LaToya S.
on 2/17/13 10:31 am - Edwardsville, IL
I would LOVE to have a partner too! Besides my hubby
I had got down to 265 but I am at 295 and it is driving me crazy.
I ALWAYS lost weight with my other pregnancies and for the first time I am gaining during a pregnancy....
Stay in touch!!

LaToya

Time_for_Monica
on 2/14/13 11:59 am - Levittown, NY

I haven't had the sleeve but I just wanted to say congrats on your surgery and on your pregnancy!!angry I wish you the best of luck!

Lilypie - (kDs2) Lilypie - (Ukoq)                            
  Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

LaToya S.
on 2/17/13 10:31 am - Edwardsville, IL
Thanks!

LaToya

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views