Surprise!

jana_m_dowler
on 2/19/13 1:24 am - Rockport, WV

Guess who decided to make an early appearance. That's right girls! Olivia is here. :)  It was a big surprise to us all. So here is out it went down.

Last Monday I went in for my weekly appointment and for an ultrasound. I was still only a centimeter dialated and 50 percent and high. She was still breech when I went in for my ultrasound. We had a small scare on Monday. We had to do a bio physical test and she didn't pass her practice breathing test. So we had to go back Tuesday morning and if she didn't pass her biophysical ultrasound again the doctor was going to do csection on Tuesday. She passed her test with flying colors. Practice breathing like a champ. I had a nonstress test as well and that went great as well. I went to work on Tuesday and felt pretty good. I was feeling a little more pressure  but nothing that would make anyone feel alarmed. I already had my bags packed monday night seeing how i didn't know how the testing would go. I slept great tuesday night and even woke up early on wednesday contemplating on making us breakfast before we got ready for work. Around 6 am our alarm went off. I was still laying in bed not feeling any cramping or pressure (just a lot of activity from Olivia like always). Around 615, I felt a funny sensation and then liquid. I jumped out of bed and said Michael there is something wrong, there is something wrong and I dropped my underwear to the floor to look and my water broke! Michael jumped out of bed and started getting dressed. My mom made it to our house the weekend before from california where she lives so he runs down the other end of the house to get her up. I just stood there shaking like a leaf and didn't know what to do because water was just pouring down my legs. I didn't want to move to much to ge****er all over the place. After about 15 minutes of me standing around soaking towels i get dressed. Mind you that we weren't expecting this at all because of still being breech and only being a centimeter dialated and all.

We get to the hospital and they confirm that my water did indeed break. This was around 7:30 and they call the doctor. I finally get into my csection and she is born at 10:07 am weighing in at 6 pounds and 6 inches and 20 inches long. She was crying so loud and that was just music to my ears.  It was the best sound I have ever heard. We got to come home on friday. She has been a good baby so far. Not fussy much at all, just when she needs something. My breast milk hasn't been coming in as much as I have been wanting. I have been having to supplement with it with some formula. I know that she is getting some nutrition from it so better than not giving it to her i guess. As soon as I get more time then I will post some pictures. I'm still really sore from the surgery.

Thanks for reading

Take care

Jana :)

twert80
on 2/19/13 1:34 am

Happy Birthday Olivia!!!!  I remember when my water broke with my first, i too was shaking like a leaf.  Congrats and glad all went well for you.

Tiff

xtine
on 2/19/13 3:32 am - San Jose, CA

Congrats on the new addition!!

HW: 295 / SW: 273 / CW: 169.4 / GW: 140 / Dream Goal: 120
Height: 5'3.5"  -  *22lbs of my weightloss was lost pre-surgery.

victoria3
on 2/19/13 4:09 am - Douglassville, PA

Happy Birthday, Olivia!! 

SassySamara
on 2/19/13 4:57 am - San Antonio, TX

Congrats and Welcome to the world Olivia!

Lilypie - (8swr) Lilypie - (XAvt)

LogansMommy
on 2/19/13 6:48 am - Marietta, GA

AWESOME!

We need a picture, a little one that's all.

Shalom Cheri

Paula622
on 2/19/13 8:38 am

Awesome news!  Congratulations, I can't believe how quickly that went, I feel like you were just announcing your pregnancy!  Enjoy every minute with little Olivia.

PS, love the name, tried to sell my husband on that one, but we ended up with a boy.

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

Sara S.
on 2/19/13 10:11 pm

Congrats MOMMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I"m so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!

Sara

Mom to Haleigh born 04/14/10 and Dylan 05/15/12
cryspyx
on 2/19/13 10:49 pm - Hartford, CT

congrats kiss

Celia S.
on 2/20/13 12:35 am - Grand Junction, CO

Congrats, Jana! So happy for you!!! :) And welcome to the world, Olivia!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views