Just popping in

sianabob
on 3/1/13 4:52 am

I am nearly 21 weeks pregnant now, with a boy... I am 2.5 years out from surgery... I was 111 the month before I got pregnant, and I feel like I will never see that number again.. I am careful to eat what I am supposed to both wls and pregnancy wise, however I feel like EVERYTHING that goes in my mouth makes me gain immediately.. It is making me crazy.. I have already gained nearly 30 lbs and I have another half a pregnancy to go!! I am going to ask them to check the thyroid to make sure there isn't an outside reason... seriously though, I have been soo careful.. pre wls I only gained 20 with my daughter and I wasn't over weight back then.  The dr tried to make me feel better stating smaller people gain faster and then level out, however that doesn't seem rational to me. Oh well I lost it all and then some once, I will do it again as long as that boy is healthy.

Alice P.
on 3/1/13 9:50 am

I would tend to believe your doctor--I gained nothing the 1st trimester and put on close to 30 the 2nd trimester and have only gained 3-5 the 3rd trimester, depending on the day, and my eating and activity level has been the same 2nd and 3rd trimester.  I'm just a little over 31 weeks.

HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

Stacey D.
on 3/1/13 9:20 pm - Harrisonburg, VA

I never saw the pre-baby weight after my first, still kept 15 pounds on; however, with that being said, I also began my exercise addiction shortly after even to include Crossfit in the past 18 months (still doing 3 days a week with modifications); but what I focused on is making sure I was eating healthier and also keeping my exercise up.  (Pre-Preganancy I worked out 2x a day for 3 days a week and worked out all but two days in general).    I was in the best shape of my life prior to this one, so far I have gained 15 total pounds and was 30 weeks yesterday.  Good luck on your heath and not necessary on that 111 #.

Stacey

Stacey
RNY-10/27/04

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views