Hospital bag??

Alice P.
on 3/6/13 9:42 pm

Is yours packed?? What are you taking?? How long do you plan to be in the hospital??

HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

Lianne C.
on 3/6/13 11:56 pm - Garden City, MI
I'm Not going to pack mine for a while, but when I did my last one, plan for the longest stay in case you have to have a c-section!
Also, my hospital provides all the post delivery essentials I.e. peri bottle, mesh panties, pads... Also for baby, diapers, wipes, formula (even if you plan on breast feeding, I BF but used formula while in the hospital once or twice just because baby was hungry and my milk wasn't in yet) they also have receiving blankets and gowns for the baby, mine even provides pacifiers and bulb syringe as well.

My recommendation is comfy baggy sweatpants/ Jammie's so you don't have to wear a hospital gown, a bathrobe and slippers, warm socks,comfy clothes to wear home, shampoo/ conditioner, toothbrush and toothpaste, hairbrush, anything else for grooming/ hygiene, at least 2 changes of clothing for the baby (coming home Clothing) just because things can happen at the last minute. I always try not to "move into the hospital" so I don't over do it. Bring a packed diaper bag. I also brought my own pillow and body pillow. Even after delivery I still needed the body pillow due to soreness in my abdomen. I did not bring my boppy pillow, but I had it waiting for me as soon as I got home! Also bring healthy snacks. Most hospitals have hours the cafeteria is open, so if you have the baby late at night you will want seething to eat after. Sometimes their box lunches are not that healthy. Or they are nothing but carbs and a little protein. Oh and Chapstick was something I had to have since hospitals are cold and dry!

In sure you will think of more things you would absolutely want to have there.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Alice P.
on 3/7/13 11:24 pm

Thanks for your input---I know I am having a c-section and since I'm 32 weeks and ds #2 was born at 34 weeks was just thinking I should start thinking about this.  I don't think this baby will be early since I don't have any blood pressure issues this time around but makes me think anyways (ds #1 was also born just before 37 weeks).

I had forgot about chap stick!! And I definitely only like the hospital gowns for the 1st 24 hrs then I want my own pj's.  Due to all my issues and the fact that it was 10/12 yrs ago I was in the hospital for 6 days with one birth and 8 or 9 with the other--at that point c-sections were 5 day stays not just 3 like now.  I also hadn't thought about bringing my body pillow--that's a great idea.

One thing to check with your hospital about is that mine has a "If you prefer" menu where you can deviate from picking off the standard menu and get things like hamburgers, salads etc but it's not well advertised so you have to ask for it to choose your meals--but you are also able to order additional sides so I didn't need snack food with me.  Our maternity ward also has a breakfast cart that come thru with bagels, muffins, yogurt and fruit around 7 am since their breakfast isn't served until 9 or 9:30am so you get 4 meals on that floor.

HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

SassySamara
on 3/10/13 3:50 am - San Antonio, TX

I really over packed the 1st time now knowing what to expect. I am going to try and keep it simple this time. Maybe a pair of comfortable pajamas for day after since I don't care for the gown after that, nursing bras, underwear-although I do like the mesh ones for while in hospital,  something to come home in for me...like a maxi dress or yoga pants/jogging suit, a few basic toiletries (toothbrush, hairbrush, facewash, travel size shampoo/conditioner, lotion) although hospital usually has some/most, and then things like camera and charger, phone charger, and some reading material although never really had time to read with last one with all the visitors and commotion.

I would also pack the diaper bag for baby to include the coming home outfit, diapers, etc

Lilypie - (8swr) Lilypie - (XAvt)

Luvsdaislands
on 3/11/13 6:16 am - Landover, MD

Huggies has a website to help folks.

http://www.huggies.com/en-US/newbaby/WelcomeBabyGuide/Hospital

Only look back in life to know where you DON'T want to go

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1225 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 852 views