Weight gain...no weight gain..VENTING

Luvsdaislands
on 3/11/13 6:09 am - Landover, MD

Hey everyone!!!

So I was...still am a bit concerned about not gaining weight and not getting enough nutrition to the baby.  In the first 6 weeks of this pregnancy i gain about 11lbs. and i have since lost 6lbs. (I am 10 weeks now) and have not put on pounds but gaining weight (the baby is growing and I am expanding).  I posted on a pregnancy website messageboard and other women were like me...except they were not WLS patients. 

ANYWAY...i find it odd and a bit funny that before pregnancy if I had a weekend of binge eating (just eating almost non stop) I would easily put on 2 - 3lbs.  But since I been pregnant it doesn't happen......so which makes me think I am eating and everything I eat is going directly to the baby and he/she is digesting it ALL!!!  Making me thinkg this is going to be a fat lil bambino!!!!!

Only look back in life to know where you DON'T want to go

Alice P.
on 3/11/13 8:29 am

I gained around 30 lbs in the second trimester, none in the first (or very little) and have not gained more than a lb or two in the third trimester--when you are suppose to pack on the pounds.  I just focus on eating healthy and let happen what happens.

HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

Sara S.
on 3/11/13 11:20 pm

Hi.

My daughters pregnancy, I didn't gain any weight until 32 weeks. I lost until then. I gained all of 10lbs her pregnancy. She was 6lbs 4oz and 18.5inches at 39 weeks, 5 days.

My son's pregnancy, I showed right away but I didn't gain till 21 weeks. I put on a total of 30lbs with him. 10lbs up until 36 weeks than I ballooned with water weight and put on 20lbs. I had him at 37 weeks exactly. He was 7lbs 6oz and 20inches long. At his actual due date he was 10lbs 7oz and 24inches.

So don't stress too much. Just make sure you are eating healthy and plenty of carbs for brain and eye development for the baby.

Sara

Mom to Haleigh born 04/14/10 and Dylan 05/15/12
Lianne C.
on 3/15/13 6:09 am - Garden City, MI
I had just started putting on weight when I got the flu, now I am at the tail end of it and I am up about 5lbs from my pre pregnancy weight. I am 21w4d, and it is very normal to lose during the first trimester due to morning sickness.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 855 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views