Just had my first appointment to address my infertility...

xtine
on 6/17/13 2:41 pm - San Jose, CA

Just left my first doc appointment to address my infertility. She's running some tests with my next cycle (FSH, TSH, ESTRADIOL, PROLACTIN) and also we are testing my mans sperm this week. Said if nothing comes back weird that she's starting me on Clomid in August. 3 cycles of that and if that doesn't work she wants to check for tube blockage. If that is inconclusive she suggests IUI after that. I'm glad she's willing to be as aggressive as I would like her to be. This was my first time seeing this doc, as my regular GYN doesn't do OB anymore. Wish me luck!

HW: 295 / SW: 273 / CW: 169.4 / GW: 140 / Dream Goal: 120
Height: 5'3.5"  -  *22lbs of my weightloss was lost pre-surgery.

MissSassySlim
on 6/17/13 2:54 pm - CA

I have 4 close friends who have under gone the same tests as you have, they ALL had the HCG test and within 2 months they were all successfully pregnant! All of their fertility docs told them sometimes the HCG test clears the tubes out and increases the chance of getting pregnant. 2 of my friends have had WLS and 2 are overweight and have PCOS. Good luck with all of your tests.

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/13 10:58 pm
That's great that your in the process of getting answers! Knowledge is power ;) I hope all your tests come back good and your able to get a bfp soon! Just FYI: there is a FB (private) group for women specifically ttc after Wls. They are really great and offer a lot of support and knowledge as many have undergone fertility treatments/ testing ect. I myself have been ttc for well over a yr. I am 2yr post op RNY. Have a low AMH and have have 3 cycles of 100mg of clomid (1w trigger shot) with no success. I am actually starting a new med, Fremara today. Let me know if you want to join the FB group since its by invite only :) Anyone else who is TTC and wants to join please let me know. I will need the administrator to send u an invite. Just post your FB email and I will let them know. Again is private, no one will see know what you are posting, nor that you even belong to the group ;)
xtine
on 6/17/13 11:45 pm - San Jose, CA

Thanks so much! Yeah I would love to be added. My FB email is [email protected].

Good luck, I hope this cycle is the one for you!!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/13 12:57 am
Invite sent please ck all folders to make sure you got it :)
xtine
on 6/18/13 1:29 am - San Jose, CA

I checked my regular folder and other folder and no invite there :(

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/13 1:52 am
Trying again! Keep checking ;)
(deactivated member)
on 6/18/13 12:22 am
Thank you! You should be receiving invite soon 8-)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1225 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 853 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views