Let's talk about Clomid

xtine
on 6/19/13 6:49 am - San Jose, CA

I will be starting on Clomid for my Aug. cycle. Who here used it, what was your experience? How many rounds? Anyone use Clomid and end up with multiples? I want to know everything. Thanks!

HW: 295 / SW: 273 / CW: 169.4 / GW: 140 / Dream Goal: 120
Height: 5'3.5"  -  *22lbs of my weightloss was lost pre-surgery.

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/13 10:00 am
I started at 50mg and it was not effective. Once bumped to 100mg is was effective in helping me produce follicles but even after 3 cycles I did not get pregnant. Side effects: I was lucky...or unlucky in the fact that I had NONE except for extreme dryness....I mean extreme desert dryness. It made my cervical mucus hostile to sperm. So while I produced follicles the sperm couldn't survive to get to it. Talk about aggravating. We used preseed to help bit it didn't. We even used a trigger shot and progesterone to give me every chance at catching and keeping a bean. So after 3 failed clomid attempts we have decided to move to Fremara which I just started yesterday. So far so good. Praying this med works better. For some ppl clomid is a miracle baby producer, but that wasn't so for me. Praying that the med is kind to you and helps you get a miracle...or 2 ;) Best wishes!
Sara S.
on 6/19/13 11:09 pm

Femara worked for me!!!!! I had the same experience with Clomid as you did. Infact I was clomid resistant. Femara worked and no side effects.

Sara

Mom to Haleigh born 04/14/10 and Dylan 05/15/12
(deactivated member)
on 6/19/13 11:49 pm
That's great! What dosage of Fremara worked for you? How did they know you were clomid resistant? The only side effects I have had are "warm" flashes. Feels like when you drink coffee and get warm from the inside out. I hope its working magic ;) haha
jenfa79
on 6/19/13 7:26 pm - Rockland, Maine
We got really lucky with clomid but I know some people really struggle. I'm 37 weeks with our first child conceived on first round of clomid at 50 mg, they knew we released two eggs but only one fertilized, it was a very clinical process as far as being told when to have sex lots of blood work and etc, but well worth it as we await our baby girl! I would agree with the previous post, dryness is an issue. Good luck to you! It's an easy way to start and give it a few rounds! Xxx
Alice P.
on 6/19/13 10:43 pm

I used clomid for my 2 babies pre-wls.  The first round I did 50 mg, got pregnant first cycle with twins (twins run in my family and I am a twin so may or may not be related to clomid), miscarried, got pregnant again after 1st round of clomid and had my oldest. With #2 I went up to 100 mg of clomid and it took 3 cycles to get pregnant.  I had no ultrasounds or anything so no idea about follicles etc.  The one thing I will say from temp charting is that I ovulated a few days later than they predicted with the clomid.

HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

jessann5
on 6/20/13 10:06 pm - Kansas City, KS

I am on my 4th round of Clomid right now, and along with the Clomid, I also take estradoyl, and HCG injection. I started out on 50mg and I am up to 150 this last cycle and this time as well. We did IUI last month with out success. So it has been a frustrating journey for us so far.

In my experience, the Clomid side effects have been kinda rough. I am in the middle of taking the Clomid right now and the hot flashes stop me in my tracks...it's like a burning inferno that shoots up your entire body lasts 5-10 min and then goes away.  Last cycle, I was also exhausted......I mean more tired than I have ever felt in my entire life, but this time it's not as bad. I see my doctor next week for an ultrasound, and I am going to discuss femara with him at that time because I am starting to get a little frustrated and disappointed with the treatment so far.

RNY 1/29/08
Pre: BMI 47.6 wt 279
Current: BMI 24.9 wt 146
total pounds lost: 133

SassySamara
on 6/22/13 8:08 am - San Antonio, TX

Clomid was a bust for me, I was resistant, even at 150 mg dosage. I did several rounds in addition to taking metformin with it. I have PCOS so was trying to get cycle regulated. Femara was what worked for me in conjunction with some other meds. I also found the side effects (hot flashes, moodiness, etc) with Femara were no where near as bad as they were with Clomid.

Lilypie - (8swr) Lilypie - (XAvt)

PositivelyPammy
on 6/30/13 6:15 am - CO
RNY on 07/16/12

I used Clomid 11 years ago along with artificial insemination for several cycles.  I had one chemical pregnancy with the first round then nothing.  We finally gave up.  

I had heavy periods and suffered hot flashes, but those were my only side effects.  

We went back to trying naturally, but of course that never worked - we had unexplained infertility.  We decided to adopt 4 years ago and after waiting over 3 years we adopted a healthy baby boy in February and 7 weeks later I discovered I was miraculously 7 weeks pregnant!  I'm 20 weeks now lol.

Good luck to you!  I wish you success!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1225 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 852 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views