2 yrs post op, only 50lbs down (twin pregnancy prior to 18 mos out)

LittleMissSunshine
on 7/9/13 7:28 am

Hi All,

I used to be a regular around here back around 2011 when I was prepping for and immediately after my VSG.  Not quite a year post-op, I found out I was pregnant with twins.  Needless to say, all my newly formed post-op eating habits had to go so I could fit in the ridiculously high caloric intake my OB wanted for the babies.  I was eating constantly just to try to hit the goals (I never did, but the babies were thriving, so it was fine).  As a result, my old eating habits came back, though thankfully, the VSG keeps the volume in check.

Now that I'm back in the groove of life with babies again, I'm trying to start back on the straight and narrow.  I'm just wondering if anyone here ran into a similar situation: you had the surgery, started to lose, and then got pregnant and that killed your rapid weight loss period?  Anyone?  And if so, were you suceessful in getting to your goal?

Please say yes :(.

Paula622
on 7/9/13 11:23 am

I have a slightly different story, but I'll share anyway.  I was a lightweight, so I was about 10 lbs from goal when I decided to "let nature take its course" as far as birth control 6 months post op.  About a minute later I was pregnant.  I gained about 18 lbs while pregnant and it came right off after the baby came.  When I got back to decent eating (definitely not great though) I lost the last 10 lbs to get to my initial goal.  I'm still a little below that, and anytime I'm "good" with my eating, I still lose.  So, my sleeve definitely still works... when I do.  I've had little problem maintaining, but if I ever want to see my "dream goal" of 119, I'm going to have to dedicate myself to working for it.  Anyway, the good news is, even three years out, my sleeve is still there for me and works to help me maintain even when I'm not the best, and allows me to lose pretty easily when I put in the effort.  Congrats on the twins, good luck with the weight loss!

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

Hockeymom73
on 7/19/13 5:53 am
RNY on 11/21/12

I was 6 months post op when I found out I was pregnant.  I am now 16 weeks and expecting twins also in Dec 2013.  Really wasn't planning to get pregnant but its happen.  I had lost 150 lbs prior to getting pregnant and have noticed that my weight has stayed the same or maybe gone down a bit 5 lbs or so.  I find it hard some days to get everything in since morning sickness was pretty bad.  I was 50 lbs from my goal which still freaks me out and I worry I will gain and not be able to finish off losing the weight.  We will see.  I am looking to breastfeed.

Any advice from others?

Sophia

HW: 400.5 CW: 251.0 GW: 199

Mommy2Be_Amy
on 10/12/13 6:54 pm
Hi Amy and I'm due December 2nd also expecting twins we have some similarities. I too lost 150 lbs after my surgery. I am less than 50 lbs from my 3rd goal weight of 199 lol

I had surgery 6/4/2012 my start weight was 393 I was around 260-250 when I found out I was pregnant I think and have stabilized my weight between 250-245.

I'm 32 weeks pregnant now and haven't gained weight. How are you doing with your pregnancy? It's 352 am and I'm up bad heartburn and I can't sleep as usual lol
Could_It_Be
on 7/21/13 4:51 am

Holy Cripes, Sunshine!! 

I remember how much your posts helped me right before surgery. I'm so glad to see you are well and had a successful (x2!) pregnancy! 

I'm 2 years out and we are TTC so I thought I'd hop over on to this board and see what was up.

Thanks again for all your help back then!

VSG on 6/22/11
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1213 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 845 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1307 views