He is here! :)

Rebecca S.
on 8/19/13 11:06 pm - Platteville, WI
RNY on 12/14/04 with

Hi ladies!  Just wanted to update that my little man has arrived!  These last few days have been insane!  First here are his stats...

Greyson Quinn Sawyer was born 8/17 @ 11:17Am. 7lbs 10oz/20".  

He is beautiful and I I am so in love!  Big brother Aethyn adores him!  He has been a wonderful baby so far...my first son had some issues and was pretty colicky...so this is a huge change!  This little one LOVES to snuggle in and cuddle...which I am loving!  I really couldn't be happier and I can't stop staring at him and kissing him! 

Birth Story: Last week was emotional...saw a Dr on Tues...was a different one than usual since my OB was on vacation all week.  My blood pressure ended up being higher...I am sure it was a combo of rushing to my appt. and being nervous about a new DR.  (She was great and I really liked her!  Now I have 2 OBs I really like a lot!). Anyway,  had to go back on Thurs. with a 24 hour urine collection...was so nervous about that since I didn't want to be induced!  I was emotional all over the place those few days worrying about it!  My urine was pretty good...slightly elevated but nothing concerning given my history!  Dr. Wanted to check my blood pressure again on Friday to see how it was and she had me do an Ultrasound and NST also on Friday while I was there!  (Had 5/6 ultrasounds throughout my pregnancy and each time we only ever got a "we think it might be" a boy...LOL!). Anyway, everything looked pretty good...she was just going to continue the US/NST every appt until delivery.  Got home Friday afternoon and was feeling funny...got my DH off to work at 6pm on Friday and straightened out the house...got my older son ready feed and ready for bed...then I rested until 10 or so.  I decided to try and lay in bed since I was feeling sick...and tired from the crazy week!  Woke up about midnight and couldn't sleep so I just rested there...at 2AM my DH came home and by that time I was uncomfortable (and pretty much knew). My contractions were getting closer and stronger...told DH...and we showered and packed our car up..then just waited it out a bit and timed things.  DH had been up since 8am Friday...so he went to rest for a bit until I was ready...at 4/430 I went and got him and said we had to go!  So we woke Aethyn up and got in the car...got to the hospital and admitted...they checked me and I was already 6cm...big surprise to me.  Contractions got really bad...(as with my first...DH begged me to get an epi) so I did.  They couldn't get the needle in...so they just put the cath in.  Even though it took forever to get in...they finally did and I was feeling better...nauseous...but contraction pain better!  Went from 6cm to9cm pretty quickly...dr was going to come break my water...but it happened to do it on its own shortly before!  My parents were able to make it to the hospital my 8:30 or so amd my sister was able to make it about an hour and a half after I was admitted to pick up our son..which was a big relief so I didn't have to worry about what we would do with him!  About 11 or so I was ready to push...didn't have to push too long and he was out!  He was a bigger baby than my oldest...by a little less than a pound...so it made for tougher pushing (which I could tell even through the epidural) ...a lot of bleeding and a 2nd degree tear! Ouch...I hurt!  

The Dr. Thankfully let us go home the next day (sun) night...we got home about 7pm.  She wasn't goi g to let me since my BP was high again and wouldn't come down after delivery.  But she decided I could with the home visit nurse to check us on Mon.  (Dr knew how badly I wanted to go home!). Anyway...so being a Sunday when discharged...pharmacys were closed...made for a LONG night with out pain control...the last dose they gave me at the hospital was at 4 pm.  So my mom and I went right away Monday morning to get it since I was dying!  The pharmacy said I didn't have one...WHAT?  So called the OB clinc and they said they would get right back to me (4 hours later they did after 2 calls from me and 1 from the home nurse). I was crying...hurting and VERY upset! (Don't know how my BP was as low as it was with the nurse). So went to my reg pharmacy...they said the insurance called and said I had already filled it somewhere...which I didn't!  Anyway I think the orig pharmacy had it and the girl working was an idiot!  What I got and what was on my discharge papers were different which was part of the confusion!  So I at least have something for now but it is gou g to get messy when/if I need a refill due to the way the RX was written!  I am going to have to make an appt to see my OB prior to the 6 weeks anyway....am having some issues with clots and this pain isn't getting better!  Today, I have to take the little one in since he lost too much weight...he is doing very well (compared to my tongue tied first) nursing...but having to supplement a bit to get his weight back up!  I am so much more relaxed and at ease with this one!  The nurses freaked me out with my first! Anyway...will see how he is today...and I can't believe this...my *big* buddy has 4K registration today!  Yikes...how did that happen!  He is very excited though!  

Cant post pictures from my IPAD...but will get some up tonight after our appts!  Thank you all for all the support you have given over the years!  It is much appreciated!  So glad I had/have a place to come to ask questions and get opinions!  :). 

Becca laugh-9/2007laugh-10/2012 (Forever in our !)

Lilypie - (pVjW)Lilypie - (Trlr)

nkjanes78
on 8/21/13 8:24 pm, edited 8/22/13 3:20 am - Norfolk, VA
That's so exciting!!! I had been thinking about you as I could personally relate to the nst the bpp and the preclampsia. I know how scary and frustrating that is. I prayed that my son would pass every nst (which he never did) which was then followed by a bpp ( which he barely passed at the last minute) and hoping that even though I was beyond tired of being pregnant and in tears from the pain of having cellulitis in my belly I knew he was better off baking a little longer. In the end when you look at your baby in awe everything you went thru is worth it 100% and would do it again in a heartbeat. Take lots of pictures and savor every moment congrats to you and your family!!

Rebecca S.
on 8/22/13 12:18 pm - Platteville, WI
RNY on 12/14/04 with

Thank you!  He is a beautiful baby!  He is so very different from my first...my first was colicky and he had feeding issues which gave him gastrointestinal issues!  This one is so laid back!!  I am so in love with my boys it's crazy!  I was a bit sad that I was having a second boy...but he is so amazing I am sad I even felt that way!  

I am feeling better with delivery...although now I have developed postnatal preeclampsia....my Dr wanted to re-admit me to the hospital but since my BP wasn't sky high she agreed to let me stay home with my little men as long as I came back on Friday!  (Tomorrow). I really should have gone...but I haven't even been able to relax at home...we have had to go to where we Dr. At which is 45 min away every day since we left the hospital...and one of those days they wanted me to go back a second time...I told them no...that I couldn't do that!  (Plus we were registering my son for 4k and I wanted to take him and be there.). 

Anyway...thanks again!  I will be posting a few pictures soon!  :)

Becca laugh-9/2007laugh-10/2012 (Forever in our !)

Lilypie - (pVjW)Lilypie - (Trlr)

SassySamara
on 8/25/13 2:24 am - San Antonio, TX
Congrats! I love the name too. I think 2nd babies are give or take with how hard/ easy they are. Glad he is a mellow one. Same with Alia. I think it also helps knowing a little bit of what to expect .. Lol
Can't wait to see pics

Lilypie - (8swr) Lilypie - (XAvt)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 855 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views