Scared that I may be pregnant!

Tina Fisher
on 9/7/13 11:08 am - Beloit, WI

Hi,

I am almost 7 months post-op (VSG) and was told to use two forms of birth control after surgery.  I am 42 years old and have been on the Depo-Provera injections since I was 24.  My husband and I have been using condoms as our backup.  The other day, I believe it was Wednesday, the condom fell off and we didn't realize it (tried a new position).  I am afraid that I might be pregnant because of this.  My husband is buying a pregnancy test kit on his way home from work for me, tomorrow morning.  I am going to be up all night, worrying, though.  I have no way to get it on my own, as I don't drive due to bad knees (I am waiting to lose enough weight to have a right knee replacement, at least).  The only "symptoms" that I am showing is a big appetite, but I don't think it could be from pregnancy, as it'd be too soon.  Also, I have been under a lot of stress due to finances and school, so it could just be head hunger.  Anyway, I would appreciate anyone's experience with this or even opinion.  I have never been pregnant in my life and do not want to have a baby at my age!  Please help!

Thanks in advance,

Tina

Celia S.
on 9/10/13 2:35 am - Grand Junction, CO

When was your last period? *IF* hypothetically, you conceived last wednesday, it would be too soon for a home pregnancy test to give accurate results, so I wouldn't worry about testing just yet. Depo is a pretty reliable form of birth control on its own, so I would say that you probably don't need to worry about it, but taking a test right now is a waste of time and money. I would wait to see if you get your period on time, or if you don't have periods on Depo, I would wait at least 2 weeks from when the condom fell off before testing.

If it does end up that you're pregnant, I know it wouldn't be ideal but you will more than likely be just fine. I was only 5 months post op from my RNY when I found myself unexpectedly pregnant with my now healthy 10 month old son. My pregnancy was perfectly healthy and uncomplicated. I am also currently pregnant again due in January. Again, unplanned.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views