Pregnant after PCOS = gestational hypertension / pregnancy induced high blood pressure?

Kellawanda
on 11/12/13 8:38 am
VSG on 06/04/09 with

Even when I was obese my blood pressure was always in a good range. In fact it often ran on the low side of normal - 90/60. Since around week 34 in pregnancy I've been having high blood pressure 130's - 140's / 80's - 90's. Overall it appears the medical community is unsure why 10% of women develop HBP in pregnancy but a few articles I read suggested it was higher in women who previously had PCOS....

I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and they are talking about inducing me soon because of it. I really wanted 100% natural but in the end it sounds like HBP can be pretty bad mainly for mom, but also for baby.

Curious to know if anyone else experienced this and how everything turned out (pregnancy, labor/delivery, your health after, babies health after)?

www.youtube.com/kellawanda <---check out my vlog of my progress

VSG 6/4/2009: I'm 5'4",   HW 242,   SW 234,   CW 155.  Size 6 generally.

PS with Dr. Agha 5/14/2012 - LBL, Arm lift, fat transfer to (_:_) 
LeighAnne89
on 11/13/13 11:13 am - KY

HBP can be hard on you and the baby both I would let them go ahead and induce you yeah the pitocin (sp?) they use really sucks but it is well worth it and you can still have the baby natural so long as there is no complications. Congrats on the baby :) I start clomid next month and hope he helps me again with baby number 2. 

KrissyMisssy
on 1/3/14 6:53 pm - TN
VSG on 12/02/13

My blood pressure has always been in the perfect range, if not a little on the low side. Although my pregnancy was pre-WLS, I had PCOS and I also had hypertension. At a routine appointment, my BP was 160/95 and my urine protein levels were high (I think that's what it was anyways lol). I ended up being induced at 38.5 weeks and after failure to progress from pitocin, ended up having a cesarean. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1204 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 842 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1301 views