Aha~!

Washu
on 11/14/13 7:28 pm

I am still learning my way around the site after the new format was installed. I finally found the pregnancy forum - yay! 

I just found out that I am 5 weeks pregnant tomorrow is 6. I am six months post op with a total loss of 117 lbs.

Unexpected. We tried to conceive for 8 years and gave up about a year and a half ago.

Very grateful for our upcoming arrival but also a little sad that it happened now - only 6 months post op. 

Any other's in a similar time frame? Did you keep losing first trimester? Just trying to get an idea of what to expect. The curve of weight gain for prgnancy for my height and bmi says I should not gain more than 15 lbs. I imagine I could keep steady the whole time and leave that 15 for the third trimester when the baby actually finally adds weight in the last 4-6 weeks. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com  HW 275 SW 253 CW 155 - 5'2" Age 35 RNY 5/10/13

Celia S.
on 11/15/13 4:38 am - Grand Junction, CO

I got pregnant with my first post op baby just 5 months post op after a loss of 120 pounds. I was only down to 265 before I got pregnant. I lost 35lb in the first 21 weeks and started gaining for the remainder of the pregnancy, but only managed to gain back 10lb of what I lost by the time I had my son. Got down to 226lb after baby was born and found out 5 months post partum that I was pregnant again...

This time I lost 21 pounds in the first half of my pregnancy and then started gaining. I have, so far, gained back 18 of what I initially lost. I am now 30 weeks pregnant.

It's hard to be pregnant so soon after surgery, but congrats on your blessing!

Washu
on 11/20/13 8:14 pm

Congratulations on your babies XD - Thank you for responding - and thank you for the congratulations. So far this pregnancy is completely different than my first one. It should prove interesting!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com  HW 275 SW 253 CW 155 - 5'2" Age 35 RNY 5/10/13

Rekeca
on 11/19/13 1:06 am - NC

I don't have any experience getting pregnant that soon after surgery however I just wanted to say congratulations.

Washu
on 11/20/13 8:15 pm

Thank you for responding and for the congratulations! It is very exciting for us. 

Paula622
on 11/19/13 3:22 am

Congratulations!  The timing may be less than ideal, but after 8 years of trying, what an amazing surprise! 

I got pregnant with my first post op pregnancy when I was 6 months out from surgery.  I was a lightweight going in to it, so when I was 6 months and about 10 lbs from goal I decided to go off birth control and see what happened.  I got pregnant right away.  I didn't lose any weight while pregnant, but I didn't have a ton to lose at that point anyway.  I gained 18 lbs (compared to 22 during my preop pregnancy).  I lost all of that within two weeks of giving birth and continued to lose another 10 or so over the next 6 months without really trying.  I'm pregnant again and this time I've already gained 16 lbs and I'm only 23 weeks, eek!   Right now, just focus on hydration and nutrition and the rest of the weight you wanted to lose can always be addressed later, you'll do great I'm sure. 

Good luck!

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

Washu
on 11/20/13 8:18 pm

Thank you for responding and for the congratulations. I know I need to drink more water - it seems I don't want to put anything in my mouth at the moment - that is a struggle. Focusing on h2o today and protein. I am craving my old ways - sweet healthy foods. Fruit - lots of it. Veggies. I didn't even want to smell my chicken on my plate last night at dinner. Couldn't get enough of the carrots and broccoli though. I'll just take it as it comes. Ordering my bariatric prenatal vitamins tomorrow. Just finishing up my current round. Forgot about my b12 last week and man I could really tell. So exhausted. I have to make sure I keep up on all of it. 

Lisey
on 12/5/13 11:20 pm - Milwaukee suburb, WI

Make sure that you have a highly absorable form of folic acid/ B4.  I managed to find a B complex liquid form that has 800mcg of folic acid for $16 for a one-month supply at the local vitamin/ health food store.  Focus on nutrient-dense foods and good vitamin supplementation.  The baby will take whatever it needs from your reserves, so you have to makes sure that you are replenishing your reserves.  That's probably more important than losing weight initially, especially given that the first trimester is the time in which the major structures of the body are forming, high nutrients is essential.

HW / SW / CW / GW      299 / 287160 / 140     Feb '09 / Mar '09 / Dec '13 /Aug '10          

Appendicitis/Bowel Obstruction Surgery 8/21/10
Beat Hodgkin's Lymphoma!  7/15/2011 - 1/26/2012 

Ran Half-Marathon 10/14/2012

First Pregnancy, Due 8/12/14                             I LOVE MY DS!!!

Washu
on 12/6/13 7:36 pm

Absolutely great advice - thank you. My surgeon is working closely with me and just restructured my supplements with a change to injected B12 where I was on a nasal spray application once per week. So I'm pretty confident atm - the only level that is low which is always low for me is my iron. I've already actually tripled that dose but am starting to experience constipation so I will need to back down to double. TMI - I know. But it is what it is. Thanks again for responding. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1225 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 853 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views